Home

Best Draft Picks (Franchise)

This is a discussion on Best Draft Picks (Franchise) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #17
Rookie

thenextqb19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Best Draft Picks (Franchise)

I have a theoy on why some highly rated prospects come in low in the draft classes on madden... I think they take in account all of the attributes and I am going to mess around a little with most of the stars in the NCAA. Also the draft classes are random too sometimes they come in low other times they come in were you would think they would.
Golden State Warriors
Washington Redskins
Old 08-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskfan4lyfe
2 separate drafts, but 2 beasts

Michael Bolt - Pretty sure this is Mike Vick and Usain Bolt combined, because he is a black, left handed QB 6'1 209lbs with 99 speed 99accel and 99 agility, not to mention 98thp and 72acc - he came in as a 73 with A potential

Something? Swillie - 6'2 241MLB 86ovr as a MLB but he had 90speed and 97 hit power and I was lacking a SS so I switched him over to SS and he is now a 94 rookie with A potential

My friend and I are noticing alot of similar names like Swillie plays and looks like Patrick Willis, Mike Vick clone at QB and we both noticed two Rb's that had the names Erik Nickerson and Boar Jackson. Boar Jackson was an absolute animal too.
I just saw that bolt is in my next draft. I am thinking about if he is available when I pick getting him to play wr and run the wildcat. I could us a fast A potential WR and a player who can actually run the wildcat but a 1st is a lot to spend on that. I am about set elsewhere though so...
Old 08-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

How do QB's from NCAA transition to Madden? Does anybody have a few examples?
If you continue seeking a Madden game with all of the options it had on XBox, you will be disappointed. If you accept that the next-gen version of Madden is a downgrade in every area except graphics, then you will find a true gaming experience.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33

Dude I want Michael Bolt lol. Sounds absolutely insane.

I'll keep simming tilll i pick him up lol.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #21
Rookie

The whole idea of guys with weird, combined names is kind of a downer for me. It would really make the game seem unrealistic. If that were true, is there any way I could get my hands on the 7foot, 400lb BoAndre the Giantackson? I heard he is an absolute monster. I'm going to be using NCAA draft classes though.
If you continue seeking a Madden game with all of the options it had on XBox, you will be disappointed. If you accept that the next-gen version of Madden is a downgrade in every area except graphics, then you will find a true gaming experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 11:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

my best madden generated player was undrafted WR 83 ovr 98spd and A potential
Old 08-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandjordan
How do QB's from NCAA transition to Madden? Does anybody have a few examples?
Some are good: Tim Tebow about a 73 on mine with A potential, good speed, trucking, etc.
Ryan Mallett was really good just like i developed him in the game
Bad: Colt McCoy was terrible! 57 with F potential, he couldn't hit an open reciever, it was so weird.
Washington Wizards
Old 08-23-2009, 01:47 AM   #24
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

NCAA classes are awful but have tinkered with them the last few days and I was able to give CJ Spiller 90 speed on madden (I know he should be a 95+ but better than 80). I upped his elusiveness, acc., speed, and a few other attributes. I'm working with the RB's right now and feel that I am on to something good here.

I had Charles Scott go in with 86 speed, 90 breaktackle, and 88 trucking. He went to the Bengals in the 3rd round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »