Home

Best Draft Picks (Franchise)

This is a discussion on Best Draft Picks (Franchise) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #33
MVP

adice15's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Best Draft Picks (Franchise)

how does bradford or that qb from western michifgan turn out
Old 08-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #34
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primerica
The NCAA draft classes are horrible, no one any good and and Eric Berry comes in a 58. EA messed up the draft classes.

Well, I will say on average players came in lower than I expected, my main concerns weren't that, but odd CPU drafting and speed ratings being too low that aren't likelly to improve from what I've read.

My Chargers won the SB in year 1 and yet I got Taylor Mays by trading up to the 25th spot. Surprised he fell that far but he beat out former Trojan Kevin Ellison, came out of the pre-season rated at 80, so I cut Cllinton Hart. Decent representation I thought, and certainly not bad ratings.

After franchising and trading Darren Sproles to Seattle to recover picks, I picked up Jahvid Best in late round 2 - again an inexplicable drop. However, he's only rated around 70 and has sub 90 speed after import which seemed off. First that his speed was too low, second that he fell so far.

All in all, the CPU was drafting like Bobby Beathard I thought, lots of reaches while big names fell.

* Note, I see Best had 97 speed in someone else's chise, so it appears imports do have variables.

Last edited by mvandor; 08-23-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well I didnt draft this kid, the Patriots did in my Franchise, but his name is Michael Bolt, A Potential, hes 6-3 and is a QB, says he was a round 2 pick. What threw me off was he has 97 Speed. When I see it I HAD to trade for him lol. I found him accidentally when I was checking season stats, and seeing who got sacked the most. I traded for him of course, lol. after his rookie season he went from a 73, to an 87, and I even resigned him to a 7 year deal after his ovr jump, and he still only wants a contract of 28 million
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've been scouting Boar Jackson for a few weeks, but just stopped scouting him because I assumed he's god-like. I'm 3-2 with the Bengals, so I'm trying to figure out what it'll take to move up far enough in the draft to get this kid. He might even go #1.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

i drafted a player called vonnie mendanhall (HB) started at 84 overall with A potential and after 3 seasons he is 98 overall, and after 5 seasons he had 3 2000+ yrd seasons, whenever you draft look for him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »