Home

UNSIGNED DRAFT PICKS DISAPPEAR??

This is a discussion on UNSIGNED DRAFT PICKS DISAPPEAR?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
UNSIGNED DRAFT PICKS DISAPPEAR??

I am in my second season of an offline dynasty for PS3, and my number 1 pick wanted so much money i signed all the other draft picks but him and advanced to the next off season activity thinking just as in real life he will be a hold out and after i make some roster adjustments I can sign him....I have not started the season yet or even pre season and he is no were to be found???He's not a free agent and hes not anywere on my roster? Has anyone else noticed this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: UNSIGNED DRAFT PICKS DISAPPEAR??

Yeah along with forgetting the draft info they droped the ball on this as well, Maybe this is why draft history has been left out because it broke and they dont know how to fix this..
Old 08-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

If I remember correctly, this happens on previous Maddens as well. I could be wrong, but I remember playing 08 on the PS2 and something like this happening.

I really dont want to keep saying it, but its true. EA doesnt really care about their product. As long as everything looks good on the surface, its fine. When you start to dig, even if you arent looking for something thats messed up, you find it.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

He's probably not missing. It's just that when you didn't sign him, you technically release him. He probably immediately signed elsewhere. Look for him on other teams' rosters.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
He's probably not missing. It's just that when you didn't sign him, you technically release him. He probably immediately signed elsewhere. Look for him on other teams' rosters.
Well, the reason I think he IS missing is because this issue has been in the game before, and I wont be shocked if it still is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

happened to me too with a player i couldnt sign. look on another roster i believe i found the player on another team.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah I always hated players disappearing but I do understand why it happens.

I always hated it when you don't re-sign a player and you expected to later sign him out of the free agent pool and he is nowhere to be found.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Banned

If you don't sign them at the "rookie signing" part of the offseason, another team will pick them up when you proceed to the preseason. They no longer appear in FA because that was a cheat.

The only problem i have with this is that our unsigned rookies, join other teams for 1 year 450k deals.

I was unable to click on my first draft pick and when i simulated he joined the falcons for a 450k, 1 year deal... seems like a band-aid fix on both issues.

ps. My drafted QB turned out to be an 85.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »