Home

Anyone else enjoying the heck out of the Extra Point show?

This is a discussion on Anyone else enjoying the heck out of the Extra Point show? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #33
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Anyone else enjoying the heck out of the Extra Point show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I love the Extra Point show. I like how they break down the previews of upcoming games as well. All we need is highlights of the best games with commentary (in the extra point show), and a special edition of the Extra Point for the draft.

Predictions for the draft with commentary and screens showing the 1st round projections. Also add special commentary to top draft picks as well as sleepers like they did in NFL Head Coach 09.

EA..you'd complete me if you did this.
I 2nd this.

Also, adding showing some clips of major injury's would be cool. Kinda like how in week 1 last year we had to watch the Tom Brady injury on all the highlight shows. Maybe add the clips for players rated 90 and over so there's not to many of them.

Then again, didn't that other game do something like this?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #34
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

The weekly show is pretty damn good and informative. It just needs highlights and it would almost be perfect.

The halftime show still needs much more work.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #35

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Isn't that the point of the show? So you get it all in one swoop without having to navigate through the menus? I like some of the nuggets they throw in there too (Broncos on a four game winning streak as a random example).
Exactly...If the show hadn't mentioned at, I would have had no idea that through two awful blowout losses, I am actually leading the NFL in 3rd down conversions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #36
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I actually like the show, I just think it needs a few tweaks to be great.

1) There's little variety in the show--the biggest thing, to me, is the fact that every week, Fran and Alex look the same. Fran needs to have, maybe, five different suits and ties that we see. Same with Alex--different clothing, different hairstyles, etc. It would go a long way to having the show feel more fresh and simulating the feeling of these people going through a 16 game schedule with you.

I'd also like to hear Fran make things more specific like, "Welcome to week six of the Extra Point show" or "Happy Halloween. The end of October is here but the playoff push is just starting. Welcome to..."

2) Obviously we want highlights, but I'd also like to see them talk about players that were signed, released, traded, and hurt throughout the show.

But I love the presentation of the show--the look is great and very slick. I actually like seeing humans talking about the games rather than 3-D renderings or an omnipresent voice narrator.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 08-19-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24MVP
After playing NFL 2K5 no this just seems like no effort was put into it.
that's the theme for the last 6 years of Madden. No effort in presentation. They have a benchmark, and they still don't get it right.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 10

They should've never even put that crap in. It's my one gripe with the game.

Alex flannigan is horrible ; why'd EA even bother ? I hate having to button through that crap !
Old 08-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 14

o k damnit- how do you access the -extra point show- I started a franchise last night and havent seen it yet . where do I look?
Old 08-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #40

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
o k damnit- how do you access the -extra point show- I started a franchise last night and havent seen it yet . where do I look?
You won't be able to see it until the regular season. Just press "Y" inside of the franchise hub at the end of the week of games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »