Home

Anyone else enjoying the heck out of the Extra Point show?

This is a discussion on Anyone else enjoying the heck out of the Extra Point show? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Anyone else enjoying the heck out of the Extra Point show?

I know it is still bare-bones and still can be improved on ten-fold, but I am really enjoying watching the show after my games.

It's especially better hours after you play. I played a game last night and turned the game off. This morning I fired up the game and watched the Extra Point show and I actually feel more immersed in my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone else enjoying the heck out of the Extra Point show?

I have yet to see this but it sounds cool. I'm still waiting for my Chargers to have the right rosters before I start a franchise.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Honestly, I really like the Extra Point and I've commented on it in the past. The halftime show during games is weak, but I like the Extra Point. Like I said previously, I love when they talk about the best games coming up the next week.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2

lol It's so Lame. But, I actually kinda like it...I think they could improve and show like some Top Plays around the league. And have an Extra Point coverage on the Draft or something.

Right now it's pretty decent, but with some work it could be really good in Madden 11.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
Pro

EticketJedi's Arena

OVR: 1

I think it's a huge step forward. It's nice to see them at least make some use of the ESPN license after all this time. I still think 2K5 had the best 'show' though, especially when it was installed to the HD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

You might be the only one. lol. I mean, I like EA's effort towards it. But I mean seriously...it doesn't give you any useful information at all. There's really no point to it. I could find the same information that they show on the Extra Point just by going through the menus and looking for the standings for my division, looking to see what great games are coming up this week, looking at the scores from last week, etc. At first, I kinda liked it. I thought it was pretty cool. But now it's just getting repetitive and I realize how boring and useless it actually is. I still enjoy the game though. Unlike everyone else, I actually like Madden 10 and am enjoying it a lot.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 08-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

No, not enjoying it. I think it is a half assed attempt and only seems good in comparison to nothing, which is what we used to have.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

Its not as bad as some people make it out to be. Some people say EA half a$$ed. Well, for 07, 08 and 09, they definitely did, but for the first year, this is pretty solid.

Next year, I expect it to be much better. Maybe not 2k5 quality (although that would rock), but still another huge upgrade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »