Home

Things that are missing (or im missing) in franchise!m and other issues...

This is a discussion on Things that are missing (or im missing) in franchise!m and other issues... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Things that are missing (or im missing) in franchise!m and other issues...

Maybe im just slow or too into the game to see it but ive noticed several things missing from franchise mode that remember hearing about.

1- Where is the injury slider? I see that you can turn injuries on/off but there is no slider

2- What happened to being able to edit rookies totally. I can only edit appearance etc

3- IR still doesnt seem to open up an extra roster slot.

4- Am i missing something, or does scouting still seem to be very arbitrary and useless. I Scouted a guy for umpteen weeks and only got 4 bits of info. They all sounded good and his initial scouting looked good, and he was seen as a 1/2 rounder. I draft him and he is 55 overall with an f level potential. There sould be some indication that he would be a bust right? It shouldnt be so random.

5- The cover 2 defense doesnt have too many Cover 2 defenses

6- I know that there was supposed to be a mechanic put in where players wont sign with just any team. But I had the top 5 centers in FA not be interested in decent offers for no apparent reason even though they has "high" interest in my team. I ended up offering a 79 ovr center 45 mil to sign just to see if he would bite. He did but I let him go?

Does any one have any clue into these issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Things that are missing (or im missing) in franchise!m and other issues...

1- Where is the injury slider? I see that you can turn injuries on/off but there is no slider i havent looked, i think injures are somewhat good

2- What happened to being able to edit rookies totally. I can only edit appearance etc honestly, i dont remember them u sayin u can edit rookie attributes or anything else. i thought they only thing that could be edited in franchise is appearance, equipmient etc

3- IR still doesnt seem to open up an extra roster slot. having had a season injury yet

4- Am i missing something, or does scouting still seem to be very arbitrary and useless. I Scouted a guy for umpteen weeks and only got 4 bits of info. They all sounded good and his initial scouting looked good, and he was seen as a 1/2 rounder. I draft him and he is 55 overall with an f level potential. There sould be some indication that he would be a bust right? It shouldnt be so random. this is BEAUTIFUL and it seems like u dont truly understand the amazingness of it yet

5- The cover 2 defense doesnt have too many Cover 2 defenses sorry, i dont play cover 2...but im still lookin for a good blitzing playbook

6- I know that there was supposed to be a mechanic put in where players wont sign with just any team. But I had the top 5 centers in FA not be interested in decent offers for no apparent reason even though they has "high" interest in my team. I ended up offering a 79 ovr center 45 mil to sign just to see if he would bite. He did but I let him go? ive always had players w/ "high" interest only to wanna sign elsewhere. maybe they wanted to be an immediate start or there was some other factor
Old 08-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Maybe im just slow or too into the game to see it but ive noticed several things missing from franchise mode that remember hearing about.

1- Where is the injury slider? I see that you can turn injuries on/off but there is no slider

2- What happened to being able to edit rookies totally. I can only edit appearance etc

4- Am i missing something, or does scouting still seem to be very arbitrary and useless. I Scouted a guy for umpteen weeks and only got 4 bits of info. They all sounded good and his initial scouting looked good, and he was seen as a 1/2 rounder. I draft him and he is 55 overall with an f level potential. There sould be some indication that he would be a bust right? It shouldnt be so random.

6- I know that there was supposed to be a mechanic put in where players wont sign with just any team. But I had the top 5 centers in FA not be interested in decent offers for no apparent reason even though they has "high" interest in my team. I ended up offering a 79 ovr center 45 mil to sign just to see if he would bite. He did but I let him go?

The only ones that are issues there are 3 (big time) and maybe 5.

Number 4...are you kidding me? You really must be doing something wrong. No offense, but if anything, scouting is TOO useful.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

1. You adjust the injury slider in the main menu, outside of Franchise mode, under Settings.

2. Doesn't bother me...I use NCAA draft classes.

3. Something that EA should have fixed a while ago...

4. Once again, I use NCAA classes, so you pretty much know who's gonna be good, with or without scouting.

5. ?

6. I am in the playoffs in year 1...haven't dealt with FA yet.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
You my friend are missing something. Scouting could be the biggest improvement in franchise this year. I agree with the guy that said it may actually be too accurate but there's alot of factors that go into it and you could scout someone for 17 weeks and still be left with 4 or 5 pieces of information because a player is fully scouted at 6 weeks. As far as the 55 overall goes that might be something to do with the quality of your staff. The more reports you get the less accurate the reports.

The thing with free agency. I've come across this somewhat but it depends on what your team looks like. If you had a bad year with a bad team I wouldn't blame the top 5 centers for saying no but I do agree its gotten a little bit overboard. I've tried filling rosters from the bottom of the free agency pool and I'm still getting rejected because its not enough money where in the real world those guys would happy to be in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love the scouting but I have a tendency to forget to update/change the players I want to scout. Don't use the cover 2 and yes when my #1 C goes down for the season and there is a FA avail. that is better than my reserve O-lineman then I should be able to IR the poor bastsrd and sign the FA. Other than that we all got what we knew we were getting....... a $60 roster update with some new bells and whistles. Of course like most of you I still happily open my wallet every Aug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »