Home

Really really annoying in game ad just added today!!!

This is a discussion on Really really annoying in game ad just added today!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #49
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Really really annoying in game ad just added today!!!

I played 3 games last night in my franchise (while connected to Live). I didn't notice a single ad, not one. Maybe I was tired due to it being 1am, but not once did I say "oh wow, there's an ad."
Old 08-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 9

This is going to sound very strange, considering this is EA we are talking about, but I can't help but feel like EA sold out. With the Madden Shop being advertised throughout the game, even in Offline Franchise, you would think the revenue from Madden Shop alone would cover all server costs. I think they just threw these ads in for extra dough that wasn't necessarily needed to keep the servers up, therefore screwing the consumers into having to deal with these ads on every single play.

EA, I gave you 60 bucks. Some people are going to give you even more via microtransactions. Leave me the F alone with these ads while I am playing an offline game!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 8

If they want to plaster adds on the scoreboard/cutscenes etc. fine, but that damn shoe add plastered in a white box behind my right tackle when the play starts is aggravating . I think that its white even makes it worse. I get blinded by it..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #52
Rookie

boyce1602's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
I'm moving on to better games. "Arkham Asylum", "Modern Warfare 2", "Bioshock 2", and "Mass Effect 2". I'm pretty sure in-game adverts will not be an issue there.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 12

Stuff like this shows how far Madden has sunk over the years.

That they waste development time putting in pop-up ads instead of fixing all the franchise bugs.

It's pathetic and shameful.

I wonder what Ian and Phil think about it? I'm sure they'd give some company-line answer publicly, but man - I really wonder what they think about it. I'm sure EA made them do it - I can't see honest, true-blue football fans signing off on something this obtrusive and corporate.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #54
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce1602

ahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahaaha hahah

now i'm hungry for some reason though. brb, lunch!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 10

Ok I have not seen any ads yet.. s this a EA thing or Xbox thing, I didnt update my rosters yet, but I still have seen one before play add in 18 games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Stuff like this shows how far Madden has sunk over the years.

That they waste development time putting in pop-up ads instead of fixing all the franchise bugs.

It's pathetic and shameful.

I wonder what Ian and Phil think about it? I'm sure they'd give some company-line answer publicly, but man - I really wonder what they think about it. I'm sure EA made them do it - I can't see honest, true-blue football fans signing off on something this obtrusive and corporate.
Not only did they sign off on it, but Ian's response to this issue is that everyone annoyed by it should disconnect their console from the internet if it is bothering them. I am sorry, but you want me to turn a feature of my console off because you are inconveniencing me with ads while I am playing offline modes?

I don't sit well with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »