Home

-Experienced Madden Gamer Grip's-

This is a discussion on -Experienced Madden Gamer Grip's- within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2
-Experienced Madden Gamer Grip's-

Ill list them, and then brake then down and give examples so everyone will understand.

#1. Accelerated clock "online" is kinda ridiculous. MOST of the time the first drive of the game takes up the whole first quarter. Whether its me that does it or my opponent.

#2. The "chain gang" animation was cool the first 20 times I saw it. Now its just old. I like the idea of it, but you should be able to opt out of it like the replays when you challenge.

#3 Whats the deal with all the fumbles? Maybe its just me, but there is tooooo many "BIG" hits. Big hits happen, yes. Big hits, cause fumbles, yes. Big hits on 90% of the plays? No way!!

#4 The game A.I. needs to get smarter on continuously ran plays (wildcat). I understand it can be stopped, but lets say Im using the Chiefs or someone with a "weaker" defense.

NOW LET ME GO INTO SOME EXAMPLES AND MORE DETAIL....

#1 - Since 5min Q is the default for online, it makes it difficult to get many possessions at all. I havent played any yet, but im sure there are those people out there who run the ball 95% of the time and milk the clock from the get go. What a waste of my time! I think the feature should be turned off online OR leave it on and turn the quarters up to 7min. I think its a GREAT feature for anything offine.

#2 Maybe limit the chain gang coming out to critical situations at potential turning points in the game. If its 14-3 in the 4th quarter winning team with the ball, I dont care much to know whether or not its 1st & 10 or 2 & Inches. Maybe thats just me.

#3 It seems like there is NO WAY out of getting hit hard MOST of the time. Unless your using a power back and T.E. I do it to, I dont even hit the tackle button. I hit stick high or hit stick low depending on who Im takling. I like using the Eagles and there all about speed so there small and fast. Therefor they would be realistically susceptible to big hits. BUUUT Im the biggest Eagles fan in the world, and Ive NEVER seen Westbrook get DEMOLISHED, hes takin a couple hard hits in his ENTIRE career, but use him online and he gets rocked 1/3rd of his touches. The last game I played with them, I had 4 fumbles in 3 quarters, just because big hits happen to often. Gets kinda out of hand and ridiculous. It doesnt take into consideration that your TRYING to avoid a big hit , obviously. I juke, spin, stiff arm, it doesnt matter, all that matters is if the dude on defense is bigger or rated higher your probably going to fumble pretty quick or get injured pretty quick PERIOD!

#4 Say im the Chiefs playing the Giants. There going to run the ball alot, I know this. Im knowledgeable about the game. Thats what would happen in real life. I honestly dont think Jacobs would be running the Wildcat like EVERYONE seems to do. If you get ran on, out of the SAME formation no less you would think your A.I. would pick that up a little bit. Its like if I dont make the tackle myself, its a lost cause. Computer takes terrible angles and only makes tackles if they nano through the line and hit them RB AS he gets the ball. Unrealistic success is the only thing I CANNOT stand and reasons why I quit playing these games online LOOOONNNGGG before the next Madden comes out. I know people are going to find "glitch" plays etc, but cmon. If someone can run 2 run plays all game and win, then the games garbage in my opinion because Im good enough to know what SHOULD be going on, but I can only play 1 position. Not like I can go tell me end to contain its comin your way, ROLB control that edge its comin your way. They take the same failing approach every play when its the SAME play.

Interested in some feedback, so dont hesitate!

Thanks!

Last edited by Daniels2386; 08-19-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »