Home

Remember when you first purchased your PS3/360.

This is a discussion on Remember when you first purchased your PS3/360. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Remember when you first purchased your PS3/360.

This wasnt the only BS videos, there were lots of them. They even stated the final version would look much better,lol. I dont even want to think about it, its gonna ruin my 2010 experience. I bought the xbox 360 when they first released for $200 more then it retailed for off Ebay, just to play this game when available. Man was that a mistake!

Whats weird is they know presentation in there videos. I say fire the guy who does presentation in the game and hire the dude who does it in there videos,lol.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

I became pretty disenchanted with Madden once they got exclusivity. I liked the 2K series as an alternative and loved the presentation of 2K5. I honestly bought a PS3 for Blu-Ray and the occasional game. I just don't play games as much anymore since I became a father.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

The NFL deal ruined it all IMO. Competition is good for everyone especially the consumer. All other sports titles thrive because of it. NHL, MLB, Soccer, they all have at least 2 major players and they each push each other constantly.

Here we're stuck with one option. Someone should sue the NFL for monopolizing their license, its BS and we're the ones that are suffering for it.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #20
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRu31
Now try to remember how psyched you were about how sick the new Madden was gonna be with all the power of the new gaming consoles. I remember thinking holy "S". I couldn't even imagine how great it was gonna be. I had just got done finishing about six or seven years in my PS2 Madden '05 franchise. By far the furthest I had gone. Needless to say, in my mind, they would just take everything that I loved about PS2 Madden and just add in a whole bunch of ridiculous new aspects and my social life would go up in flames. When I walked in to my local Best Buy and saw the game in motion I was in love. The day it came out I was very,very, very excited. Went out, bought it, fired it up, and then it happened. I don't need to say what "it" was. You all know. And now, it's three or four years later and it is still not even close to that picture I had in my little, naive, gullible head.
OK. That seemed really negative. I am finally kind of enjoying this years Madden. Just a little. I just wanted to share my thought I had in my head while trying to convince myself that I really,really liked this game. On that day I never thought I would be trying to contemplate if I actually liked Madden.
This is an absolutely spot on and brilliant post. I think you speak for many of us.

I remember seeing some Madden demo or something at the video store for the 360, it featured the Patriots, and looked so good. I also remember that promotional video posted here and thinking next-gen is going to be an incredible leap forward.

Frankly, I don't know what the hell happened! But I do know whoever is responsible for that deceptive promotional video should be jailed and traded nightly for a carton of smokes.
Really sneaky false advertising on EA's part. What a shock.

While the next-gen football games have been mostly a disappointment, not only for the quality but also for the inexplicable removal of features (games for more powerful machines have fewer bells and whistles -- what freaking sense does that make?), at least the system has been worth it for other quality sports games (NHL series, NBA 2k8, FIFA 09, College Hoops 2k8).

Overall, though, the leap is quality from XBox to XBox 360 has not been as great as I anticipated, not remotely close to the huge leap from PS-1 to the original X-Box.

Saying all that, I still have high hopes for Madden 10. I love the look of the game. It's just a matter of finding the right sliders, which I think I can achieve, and getting some problems fixed via patches, something I'm not as confident will happen.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 21

before spending $599 on my PS3 there were about 4 games I was looking forward to Graphic wise on the PS3....just going crazy in my mind imaging what it would look like...

I knew it wasn't going to come in the 1st couple of years....but I was looking forward to NEXT GEN graphics for these games

Ace Combat (ps2 versions were amazing looking)......of course that didn't happen F'n Namco.

Madden......so far no.... Madden 07 came close and headed in the right direction...but 08/09 look like cartoons........ BackBreaker might be it.

MLB The Show.... and after 08....with how 09 looks...OMG...I still can't believe how real it looks......I can't wait till next year for the new player models :O

Gran Turismo Next Gen........GT5p looks amazing...and GT5 will look better.....I can't wait.

oh and God Of F'n WAR!.....and that looks like it will deliver big time..... thank Sony Santa Monica!

oh sh1t and of course a next gen Shadow of the Colossis....well its not a sequel but maybe a prequal and it too looks amazing.... The Last Guardian.

so far 2 out of 5 have delivered and it will only get better from here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #22
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

The leap from Madden 2000 on PSX to Madden 2001 on PS2 was the biggest leap this series has ever made. Then again, that was the era of NFL 2K, and EA wanted to make a good first impression with the more powerful PS2 hardware. They did, and that game got a lot of mileage in my house. I'd like to say it was a classic, and one of the best year-by-year jumps the series has ever made.

After that, the next Maddens on PS2/Xbox didn't impress me all that much. I only bought two PS2/Xbox Maddens after that and moved to 2K.

I admit, I bought Madden 2006 and wasn't impressed at all with it. Sure, it was graphically mindblowing after my first crack at it, but after that time, the luster faded and the game became unbearably stale. I didn't buy 07 for this reason. I made the mistake of buying 08 and 09 but only because I felt they were improvements over their predecessors. My experience with 08 was over before it started, as a freeze glitch ended a great Franchise I was developing. 09 had a very bland in-game experience and I played it only for Franchise, trading it in after I got bored of having high-rated players at every position and not having any way to rebuild my team.

I admit, I'm very impressed with Madden 10. If they didn't seek to improve what they did, I would not have purchased the game. The in-game experience is not bland for me anymore, nor is it lacking. I don't think it's anywhere near where 2K5 was but it's certainly getting places.

If Madden 06 was Madden 10, we'd be better off. But after years of futility I think they're finally starting to get their act together.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #23
Rookie

aldogg's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm glad somebody mentioned it, I remember waiting in a Walmart with my PS2 ticket and all 30 people who picked up the first PS2s got a copy of Madden. What a game that delivered! Now, well...eh maybe my standards are too high?
Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 5

Aww man. Talk about opening old wounds. Madden on ps2 that year was the bomb, so you just thought naturally the ps3 version would be leaps and bounds of the ps2 version. NOT!!!!!!! I traded my madden and 2k on ps2 for the ps3 versions. 2k was good. But I ended up trading my ps3 madden back in for the ps2 version. That just seemed crazy to me that the ps2 version was than the ps3 version. Go figure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »