Home

Remember when you first purchased your PS3/360.

This is a discussion on Remember when you first purchased your PS3/360. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Remember when you first purchased your PS3/360.

Now try to remember how psyched you were about how sick the new Madden was gonna be with all the power of the new gaming consoles. I remember thinking holy "S". I couldn't even imagine how great it was gonna be. I had just got done finishing about six or seven years in my PS2 Madden '05 franchise. By far the furthest I had gone. Needless to say, in my mind, they would just take everything that I loved about PS2 Madden and just add in a whole bunch of ridiculous new aspects and my social life would go up in flames. When I walked in to my local Best Buy and saw the game in motion I was in love. The day it came out I was very,very, very excited. Went out, bought it, fired it up, and then it happened. I don't need to say what "it" was. You all know. And now, it's three or four years later and it is still not even close to that picture I had in my little, naive, gullible head.
OK. That seemed really negative. I am finally kind of enjoying this years Madden. Just a little. I just wanted to share my thought I had in my head while trying to convince myself that I really,really liked this game. On that day I never thought I would be trying to contemplate if I actually liked Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Remember when you first purchased your PS3/360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRu31
Now try to remember how psyched you were about how sick the new Madden was gonna be with all the power of the new gaming consoles. I remember thinking holy "S". I couldn't even imagine how great it was gonna be. I had just got done finishing about six or seven years in my PS2 Madden '05 franchise. By far the furthest I had gone. Needless to say, in my mind, they would just take everything that I loved about PS2 Madden and just add in a whole bunch of ridiculous new aspects and my social life would go up in flames. When I walked in to my local Best Buy and saw the game in motion I was in love. The day it came out I was very,very, very excited. Went out, bought it, fired it up, and then it happened. I don't need to say what "it" was. You all know. And now, it's three or four years later and it is still not even close to that picture I had in my little, naive, gullible head.
OK. That seemed really negative. I am finally kind of enjoying this years Madden. Just a little. I just wanted to share my thought I had in my head while trying to convince myself that I really,really liked this game. On that day I never thought I would be trying to contemplate if I actually liked Madden.
Haha...I said something just like this the other day.

In 2004, I was in the military and playing Madden 2005, and the next gen systems were just about to get going, and I was like "Next gen football is going to be unbelievable!"

Well, it has been unbelievable...just not in the way I had hoped.

I agree Madden 10 is pretty good and the best next gen Madden yet, but thats like being the thinnest girl at fat camp. This is the game we shouldve had back in 06 or at least 07. Sad how much time was wasted putting out garbage.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I bought my 360 for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxyTUaqm2GU

Boy was I wrong.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I bought my 360 for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxyTUaqm2GU

Boy was I wrong.
You got to be kidding me!!. I never seen that before, WTF happened? Man, that looked real.

peace
Old 08-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Madden went from being neck and neck for the best sports game with NFL 2k to arguably the worst major sports game because of a console switch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
You got to be kidding me!!. I never seen that before, WTF happened? Man, that looked real.

peace
Yeah, those Madden ads sure played games with your soul.

How do I embed that vid, btw?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
Madden went from being neck and neck for the best sports game with NFL 2k to arguably the worst major sports game because of a console switch.
It isnt the console swtches fault. There are several awesome sports games out for next gen. There are three things I blame...

1) The EA/NFL exclusivity deal
2) EA being lazy
3) Madden developer lack of football knowledge.

2 MAY not be an issue anymore. 3 seemingly remains a huge issue.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Yeah, those Madden ads sure played games with your soul.

How do I embed that vid, btw?
On the right hand side of every video, there is an embed code. Just copy, paste and presto...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »