Home

The deep ball is too hard.

This is a discussion on The deep ball is too hard. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The deep ball is too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I'll have to watch for that.

BTW, I'm on ALL MADDEN.
Yeah, Press UP the same time you press the receiver button and that should do it.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
I'll have to watch for that.

BTW, I'm on ALL MADDEN.
that may be why. I have had no troubles throwing the deep ball with the couple of QBs I have drafted in my franchise. I have always managed to get a 6'4"+ WR with 90+ speed so that may also be another reason why. They tend to make plays on even the worst thrown balls.(all pro and on custom sliders)
Old 08-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
That looks like blown coverage though, or a busted zone. All my attempts were vs 1-1 with BnR and no safety help. I felt as if that would've been the most advantageous scenario for a deep lob completion.
Actually that was press coverage at the line in which Murphy beat.

But I've completed balls to 30+ yards down the field in one on one coverage. I promise you its there. BTW..I play on All-Madden as well.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
that may be why. I have had no troubles throwing the deep ball with the couple of QBs I have drafted in my franchise. I have always managed to get a 6'4"+ WR with 90+ speed so that may also be another reason why. They tend to make plays on even the worst thrown balls.(all pro and on custom sliders)
All Pro could be a different story, I haven't tried it at all. But I'm specifically talking about the deep ball where the Wr runs a streak down the sidelines and you hit him in stride as he gets ahead of the DB... not hte underthrown I'll jump up and grab it with my tall WR type of thing... I'm not interested in that.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Actually that was press coverage at the line in which Murphy beat.

But I've completed balls to 30+ yards down the field in one on one coverage. I promise you its there. BTW..I play on All-Madden as well.
I'll try it with Russell tonight just for ****s. If you get a chance, try it with teh Jets and let me know what you come up with, cause I give up.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #14
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the problem is separation seems to be extremely rare.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
I'll try it with Russell tonight just for ****s. If you get a chance, try it with teh Jets and let me know what you come up with, cause I give up.
If I don't get a chance tonight, I'll definitely try it tomorrow and post the results.

BTW...I'm not sure your chances for success are going to be any better with Russell than they were with Sanchez...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
If I don't get a chance tonight, I'll definitely try it tomorrow and post the results.

BTW...I'm not sure your chances for success are going to be any better with Russell than they were with Sanchez...

I haven't looked at the stats but I assumed Russels THP should be way higher than Sanchez...

With that said I still stand by my statement that ANY NFL QB should be able to throw a deep lob without much difficulty when the coverage is in his favor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »