Home

The deep ball is too hard.

This is a discussion on The deep ball is too hard. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #25
Rookie

jwoodson15's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The deep ball is too hard.

I havent had trouble with the deep ball for the most part. I used Denver and Kyle Orton did under throw some but he isnt a QB with a real strong arm. On the other hand Jay Cutler and Ben Roethlisberger had no trouble getting it there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #26
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

I've always thought that the deep pass was a problem in these games. It seems like you can never really put the "touch" on a pass that you want. Far too often I throw an INT because I either lob it up or throw a bullet straight into the LB's hands, I have trouble getting anything inbetween, like a real QB would.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just ran a test i went into practice with the patriots against the lions. Anthony henry was lined up with randy moss. Henry has 76 speed, and about half of the time he was infront of moss, one time making an interception. I was stepping up and throwing ahead into the endzone about 35 yards, and not once did moss have more than a half foot of seperation. And also 100% of the time randy got his hands on the ball, henry did the piggy back tackle, and like half the time he actually somehow stripped the ball, so i had a very low success rate with extremely favorable conditions. I tried running posts with moss against henry and i could hit him almost every time.

I feel like it was better in the demo, remember hitting lots of deep throws to breaston fitz and boldin in stride, but right now it only happens when there is a glitch in zone coverage, or a glitch in man coverage.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 10

there is no physics for a wr or cb to tell them they need to sprint faster to catch up to the ball. in the nfl a receiver will know if the ball is going to be over thrown or under thrown as soon as it leaves the qb's hands and a good receiver will make adjustments to his acceleration or deceleration and body movement in order to make the best possible play on the ball. this all ties into the running animation and momentum in which madden doesnt do well at (yet) theres a lot of times i overthrown a receiver on a deep route in order for him to catch up to the ball however the player makes no adjustments even if i change into the receiver and hold the sprint button. this all needs to be changed imo.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #29
All Star

OVR: 33

If anything the deep ball is too easy...

Manning to Wayne. Money on 1v1 coverage with 90% of the dbs in the league.

I play on Holycrap's sliders and Bill Harris's sliders.

It works. Cept I'm with the vick on the eagles and its hard.

The deep ball works amazing with the fade route and over the shoulder catch....
Old 08-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
That's the problem. Every NFL QB should be able to throw a decent deep ball. Who the heck would start a QB in the NFL that could not hit a WR streaking down the sideline?!

Hell even Chad Pennington can put it up there.

But to answer your question, I was using Mark Sanchez who happened to throw a perfect 48 yard bomb in real life on his first NFL throw.
From what I remember Pennington could not put it up there and that his stats when throwing past 20 yards was awful
Old 08-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #31
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Ive tried it not on all madden and even used the push the stick up method and usually that results in an overthrow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #32
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

the times I've had my receiver get separation has been when the DB is using press coverage. Too bad Russell overthrows it most of the time for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »