Home

The deep ball is too hard.

This is a discussion on The deep ball is too hard. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: The deep ball is too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Ive tried it not on all madden and even used the push the stick up method and usually that results in an overthrow
Need good deep accuracy.

Have a go with Manning or Brady. You'll be astonished on how freakishly accurate they are.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 21

I would LOVE to see this once in a while in this madden game.

No, playaction required, no Manning, no Brady, no Bump coverage required. No cheese.

Just a great play call and a WR blowing by the coverage.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media_...-_9-21-08.aspx

If there is a tirck to the deep pass I have not figured it out yet, but I have yet to see any good seperation from CBs by WR's.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:59 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
First, if you're not using CUSTOM sliders, what are you, 10?

Second, yea, toughest deep ball EVER.
I don't mess with sliders because I want to play on-line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
i think u gotta realize that this is a video game, and ive noticed that on streaks, if the WR is faster he would run directly behind the CB at times.

bump and run - i think its waaaaaay too effective, i've seen a few bumps last at least 4 seconds...even on players like roddy white and fitz

to throw a good deep ball, ur question shouldnt be pressured and you'll need more than 2 seconds. if u going against BnR then maybe you're being blitzed and that is causing a lot of under thrown ball. ur WRs haven't completely started to run the streak (prolly still regaining balance from the bump) and u throw it even quicker (and madden has it that if u throw while the QB is "uncomfortable" most of the passes are bad)
Yes I just spent some time in practice mode and this is what I'm realizing. The QB will throw the ball based on the WRs current spd, so if he's still being nudged, or bumped then he's not going full speed so the QB will calculate it and it will end up being underthrown.

If I sit there and watch the WR carefully and launch it while he finally hits his full stride then its a much better ball and I can usually get behind the DB. So mistery solved vs BnR. I can't say I agree with the mechanics, but at least I understand them, so that's better.

As far as going up against no BnR 1-1, I still don't get it, I couldn't get R. Moss to beat a slow arse DB, so I think if its not BnR you just aren't going to get that sideline streak that I'm looking for... some type of skinny post is probably the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
LOL playing on rookie I see. there is no way a WR will get that wide open on all pro my friend. On all the AI usually covers your WR almost perfect 99% of the time. Plus it looks from that video you had a ton of time in the pocket. Which means the you are playing on the easiest settings there is. no way would the AI giver you that much time in the pocket on all pro. But good video anyway.
There is one BnR animation where the WR just basically blows right by the DB... its rare, but when it happens the WR gets about 10 yards of sepration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes93
I just ran a test i went into practice with the patriots against the lions. Anthony henry was lined up with randy moss. Henry has 76 speed, and about half of the time he was infront of moss, one time making an interception. I was stepping up and throwing ahead into the endzone about 35 yards, and not once did moss have more than a half foot of seperation. And also 100% of the time randy got his hands on the ball, henry did the piggy back tackle, and like half the time he actually somehow stripped the ball, so i had a very low success rate with extremely favorable conditions. I tried running posts with moss against henry and i could hit him almost every time.

I feel like it was better in the demo, remember hitting lots of deep throws to breaston fitz and boldin in stride, but right now it only happens when there is a glitch in zone coverage, or a glitch in man coverage.
Yeah against NON BnR coverage I can't do it, which is unfortuante.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 03:24 AM   #36
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

It also doesn't help that DBs run the route before even the receiver.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:29 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 22

One, have a good WR. It may not always be the QB. I mostly user catch my deep balls if I feel the coverage is too tight and it might get picked off by the cpu. Also, don't press the L stick up for too long or you'll always overthrow it. Gently push it up or tap the D-pad button up when lobbing a deep one. And JaMarcus Russell... really? All of his accuracies are terrible if I'm not mistaken. And from what I remember, the Raiders don't really have a great WR set.

I play with Philip Rivers and my Chargers and I really have no problem throwing the deep ball. Also, when it's not a fly route, or you're not trying to throw over the defenders' heads, you should bullet the ball. And I mean, madden introduced the passing correction thing, so that your QB will generally place the ball only where their receivers can catch it. And so, with a poor QB like Russell, that won't happen too much. But with premier QBs like Rivers, either Mannings, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Kurt Warner, it should be a lot easier to throw the deep lob.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 08-20-2009, 03:54 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I would LOVE to see this once in a while in this madden game.

No, playaction required, no Manning, no Brady, no Bump coverage required. No cheese.

Just a great play call and a WR blowing by the coverage.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media_...-_9-21-08.aspx

If there is a tirck to the deep pass I have not figured it out yet, but I have yet to see any good seperation from CBs by WR's.
What I want is announcers who react like that to plays.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:39 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play with the Cards quite a bit and have problems with the deep ball. Fitz doesn't get the seperation (nor Boldin). I chuck it deep and the DB is always blanketing him. I find that Deep throws running Post work a lot better.

I haven't checked Warner's numbers so maybe he is not rated too high on deep throws.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:48 AM   #40
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
What I want is announcers who react like that to plays.
You are asking for way too much with that one. Seriously, who do you think you are? This is next gen, not next gen 3. In this era, we don't have people smart enough to put that in games. Sadly, we must wait for another 20 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »