Home

Why all the negativity?

This is a discussion on Why all the negativity? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #41
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why all the negativity?

Well, there you have it. If the OP says that there is nothing not to like about the game, well than that should be enough for each and every one of you as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #42
MVP

Klocker's Arena

spoiled whiny little brats are spreading the negativity with way too high expectations and an inability to enjoy the simple things in life.

you guys are ridiculous.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_omels
Well, I think most of the negativity is warranted. Not all of it, but most.

It seems like Madden fans breakdown into two categories:

1) Those who favor a more arcade like game. Not so much arcade like NFL Blitz, but where little things like "chain gang" and "double hit tackles" are not really important and can be overlooked.

2) Then, there are hardcore sim players. Where those "little things" are just as important to their overall satisfaction. Bad running animations, psychic DBs, no sideline catching, CPU flatout cheating on All-Madden, physic issues, rating issues, etc., infuriate these type of players.

Another thing contributing to the negativity was the way the game is advertised. "If it's in the game...", "If you see it Sunday, you see it in the game", these are statements made by EA, not the fans. So while some claim that "it's just a football video game". if EA marketed as that, there wouldn't be much of a problem. But EA marketed it as more than "just a video game" and once again, failed to live up to the hype.

****, another thing. Once again, they added these frills to the game, however, didn't address some issues with the gameplay that people have been talking about for years.

Combine all that with the lack of a second option and yes, you're gonna have negativity. Negativity that shouldn't be broken down to "people just wanna complain."
Old 08-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #44
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
spoiled whiny little brats are spreading the negativity with way too high expectations and an inability to enjoy the simple things in life.

you guys are ridiculous.
Welcome to America folks. Where the only opinion, is the pro opinion. Anything else is just ridiculous
Old 08-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #45
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker

you guys are ridiculous.
i guess trolling and insults are tolerated as long as they are in the name of "EA"..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
i guess trolling and insults are tolerated as long as they are in the name of "EA"..
Yep, I mean, we're whiny brats for speaking our opinions about a franchise that has been garbage for five years.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

I think the negativity comes from the pre-release hype.

People were saying Madden 10 is the "NFL2K killer", Madden 10 is the "best ever", yadda yadda yadda.

Now, I see "after 5 days I'm already bored of Madden 10" threads.

It's like the ebb and flow of waves crashing on a beach. Aaaaaahh to be on the beach.

lol sorry - I got a bit wacky there. I'm back now.

I'm a glass half-empty guy. (shocker, I know lol) I never get my hopes up for this game. So one year, when they get it right, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 9

I'm just being realistic. I don't hate EA. In fact, I'm currently having a blast with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for Wii.

Why? Because the gameplay replicates golf ridiculously. It's perfect.

Madden NFL 10 fails miserably at replicating football. It isn't even close in most core aspects of gameplay.

That OTHER company made football games as well as EA made golf games. That's the variety I love. Each company did something better than the other.

Imagine if that OTHER company bought the rights for golfing games. I'd be PISSED. I love Tiger Woods PGA Tour.

But, in the category of football, EA isn't the best at replicating the NFL. The OTHER company was. It's as simple as that.

EA just happened to play the role of "big, bad, evil corporation", which is somewhat true given their history when faced with competition.

They'd rather not have competition and force the consumers to buy their product or nothing.

It all started with the trailer that was shown on Spike. Everyone saw it, and went bonkers. It looked the exact same as 09, except for jersey patches and enhanced player models. Animations, logic, you name it, looked the same.

What did Ian and co tell us?

"Aw, it's just an early build. We knew you'd freak out, it will be fine."

What did the Madden followers say?

"It's just an early build!"

What did they say when the demo had people going crazy?

"It's just an early build!"

Now people are having BIG complaints with the final build, and what do they say?

"Wait for the patch, it's not the final build!"

I love it.

Last edited by Echopax; 08-20-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »