Home

Why all the negativity?

This is a discussion on Why all the negativity? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #49
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Why all the negativity?

Overall this game is enjoyable, but there are certain things that drive me crazy.

For example, the I was playing the saints in my fantasy draft franchise and notice that they only had 4 active Olineman (the rest were hurt). So I waited to see who'd they put in, and of course like previous years they putin the punter at LT! So now I'm getting excited because I have MARIO WILLIAMS at RE. I shouldn't have got excited because the punter players like he was a Pro Bowl LT, Mario should be trucking him over every single play! (or at least the CPU should put in a TE or RB to play LT)
Old 08-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 17

EA just put out the best football video game ever made, even despite its flaws. Some people simply aren't happy about it.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
EA just put out the best football video game ever made, even despite its flaws. Some people simply aren't happy about it.

Best graphics, sure. Unfortunately, the players have to move. That's where Madden's reign of supremacy ends in the football category.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax

Best graphics, sure. Unfortunately, the players have to move. That's where Madden's reign of supremacy ends in the football category.
Agreed.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 21

Im blow away that some people can troll this board talking about other people indirectly, but if its EA positive its no big deal.

Its almost like 2 versions of this game came out, one that has great blocking and one that doesn't. Im not about to sit here and call 5-6 people a liar, but I have yet to see constant fundamental pass or run blocking.

Since when do you have to suspend believe in a video game to make it play better? Is it not suspending belief enough to be Peyton Manning on your couch?

By overlooking game issues your acknowledging that its there. If thats how you deal with it, fine. Dont ignore it to the point you tell others its nonexistent.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Im blow away that some people can troll this board talking about other people indirectly, but if its EA positive its no big deal.

Its almost like 2 versions of this game came out, one that has great blocking and one that doesn't. Im not about to sit here and call 5-6 people a liar, but I have yet to see constant fundamental pass or run blocking.

Since when do you have to suspend believe in a video game to make it play better? Is it not suspending belief enough to be Peyton Manning on your couch?

By overlooking game issues your acknowledging that its there. If thats how you deal with it, fine. Dont ignore it to the point you tell others its nonexistent.
The fact that people are enjoying the game does not annoy me. In fact, I enjoy the game for what it is.

However, people need to wake up and smell the coffee. By OVER-LOOKING the game's flaws and SUPPORTING EA for doing a good job on FLAWED MECHANICS, they will not STRIVE TO FIX THESE MECHANICS IN LATER INSTALLMENTS, because you apparently ALREADY ENJOY THEM.

It's not bad to complain about flaws with the only football game on the market. Complain, I urge you to. Why? We might get a worthy game one of these years.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
I dont get it at all. Personally, I love Madden 10 even though it has its problems, it is a big upgrade over previous years.

The effort is shown in the game, considering they had to revamp the entire game to make it playable.

What I don't understand is all the bashing on here. People saying that EA lied to you. You wasted $60 on this game.

Well, if that's the case, then you have fallen for their "lies" the past three or four years, so the only one you have to blame is yourself for buying it every year. But of course your like the majority of people unfortunately, who have to pass blame on other people besides yourself and instead of looking at the good things, you have to point out all the bad things about everything.

Just my $0.02.
I agree to a point-I buy the game out of a bad habit and have wasted money on it. I don't understand your desire to have people blame themselves for pointing out all "the bad things".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
First off... there are far more people that "enjoy" this game in here then "hate" it... remember this brother, "hate/negativity" sticks out like a sore thumb...so it may "seem" like alot of negativity but negative people make it CLEAR they are heard and make a scene,..dont believe me? Go take a ride into the bad side of your town. Bashers, trolls,etc what ever you want to call them.. they are litterly videogame terrorists, small in numbers but have an impact, they especially influence the gullible readers, which is shame because they ruin the fun for alot of gamers that get suckered into believing what they have to say. I guarantee if you were to make a "poll" in here asking (who likes madden/who hates madden),..the poll would "greatly" favor those that like madden

Its not just about "madden" neither..there was negativity for kill zone 2, halo1,2,3 , mario galaxy, gears of war1,2,etc,etc,etc,etc...all great games in their own right but yet there were the same kind of nitpickers and cry babies bashing those games for no good reason like there is in here..its just some of the crap you gotta deal with in a message board. I belong to a TON of various messages boards..go to neogaf.com ..what you see in here is not "nearly" as bad as what you see there..although a good elite gaming forum..its filled with fanboys and bashers just as OS Forums are..or any gaming board for the matter.

Its like this dude, you got your "true" gamers that have common sense, that have the ability to overlook the negatives and enjoy the game for its positives..just as long as there are more good things for the game then there is bad things..most "level headed" people can get enjoyment out of videogames, in this case, madden10 which frankly is a HUGE Improvement over last years effort.

Then you got the negative people around here that make sure their hatred and negativity is heard or they simply cant sleep good at nite. Whats hilarious is they hate the game so much but yet are viewing these forums every day and posting and replying with their negativity every day... now ask yourself this, does that make any sense? No..it dont so you see what their true motives are. Again, i said it a zillion times.. when ever you see someone post blatant negativity.. take a look at their POST HISTORY..you can click their nickname on the left side and click the link that says "find more posts for this user" ...this will reveal their true motives.

Dont get me wrong.. there are some that are REALLY trying to help improve the game by their negativity comments by it being constructive criticism but when they start the chidish name calling, getting down on the dev's, bashing the game every chance they get,etc or how some well known youtube vid makers have nothing but negative video's on their youtube channel, they never have said ANY THING good about madden, so madden has no good aspects in their opinion? ..that should tell you their true motives in here (trolling)..so in that case, just ignore them as i do.

By the way, Madden10 is a great game of football..its not perfect by any means but it sure is hella fun to play
Seriously. I want you (moegames) to explain how that post doesn't show you have a motive, insult others yourself.

Not to mention, your talking in absolutes that simply arent true. If your going to judge and accuse others of certain things, you shouldnt do the same thing.

EDIT - Mods, you locked a thread the last time this happened. Let the guy be held accountable for his words (the same way he wants others to be). Give him to time respond and defend how his post isnt bias , name calling, or motive driven.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-20-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »