Home

Why all the negativity?

This is a discussion on Why all the negativity? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Why all the negativity?

Every game has flaws. And their is always people pointing out the negative. But thats just how the cookie crumbles.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Just curious: What makes Madden 10 not perfect?

Of course, I have my own issues, but what are yours?

If you don't mind the broken blocking, the score bugs, the crazy comeback A.I., the branching animations, the too frequent Holding penalties, Robo QB, no double hit tackling, etc., then it sounds like your using your blind eye to overlook alot, for the sake of remaining percieveably optimistic.

Most of the issues are basic football, A.I., physics, and programming knowledge.

And anyone using the sliders argument, is really on the same page as those who are being loud and honest about the flaws, but fail to admit it-to themselves and others.
Out of the box, this is not a good game. And without even including the important game-changing bugs and glitches, to even begin to reserve judgement until after sliders are touched is almost as bad as reserving judgement until after the game is patched.

Again, I am not here to be "liked" by Ian or anyone else. I'm here to simply discuss the game, and any facts involved.

So, have you made any slider adjustments? Because a supposed sim sports game being "hella fun to play" doesn't make it sim-which may be the type of fun your not interested in, or don't care as much about. And that's fine. But, don't just dismiss others as nitpicky, especially when there are indeed facts being discussed.
Best Madden Post This Year!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #59
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Im blow away that some people can troll this board talking about other people indirectly, but if its EA positive its no big deal.

Its almost like 2 versions of this game came out, one that has great blocking and one that doesn't. Im not about to sit here and call 5-6 people a liar, but I have yet to see constant fundamental pass or run blocking.

Since when do you have to suspend believe in a video game to make it play better? Is it not suspending belief enough to be Peyton Manning on your couch?

By overlooking game issues your acknowledging that its there. If thats how you deal with it, fine. Dont ignore it to the point you tell others its nonexistent.

While I hardly ever agree with RMoody, he is right here. I mean Madden 10 is the best Madden I've played since 05, but that isn't saying much at all. They have a long way to go with the glaring issues in this game.

Just my 100.02$
Old 08-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #60
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

I like despite flaws and patiently await the patch in hopes that it fixes alot of issues. The main thing is I feel good about the direction the game is heading.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 8

I think it is a great game and am glad I bought it...but that doesn't justify some of the glaring issues in the game that could have been fixed if someone actually play-tested the thing.

I can't speak for others but I get annoyed at how I can buy say a Madden game and there are these same issues year in, year out or worse, new issues of stuff that worked the year before. The problem is that they should focus their time on fixing the issues rather than adding useless crap like cut scenes which incidentally are buggy and impact the gameplay with ball spotting issues and having plays end before the player is ruled down.

If they can take what they have here and just polish it for Madden 11 then it will be one incredible game. Sadly though I have this feeling that instead of doing this they will add some more useless features in that won't work correctly and we'll be harping on the same issues in a year.

Again though, I really am enjoying this game and think they did a good job with most of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 12

I do like the game as well but it has its problems.

Let me say this one more time I DO like the game, so if that is all you are looking for STOP READING HERE.

It does get people upset if they see the same problems year in and year out.

My two largest problems:

The basics that Josh should would be the foundation for future maddens in offline franchise wasn't done well. This is the reason he said not that much could be added in offline franchise mode, and I agreed with the idea. In 09 we were TOLD that stats were going to be GREAT and they sucked. Now even with Josh at the helm, stats are STILL OFF. How the hell did that get by him? Doesn't he sim a few season and compare the end of the year stats to the last 10 years of NFL football? IF he did then he would have known these stats ARE OFF. There are other Franchise issues but I did want to go into to much here.

The other things is there has just been way to many bugs with the Madden series lately. There is almost no way with as many problems as there are that the testers did a good enough job testing the game before the release.

If the testers did do a good job then what the programmers gave them must REALLY have been crap because there are still so many hit you in the face, obvious enough an idiot with an IQ of 45 could find a handful in a few games. SO, if the testers did a good job there must really have been a ****ing lot of problems to start.

I mean come up half time stats the MATH doesn't even add up. How the hell do you miss that? Did you not even play ONE game!

TO ME, this was just like saying well we do not care enough; we will just let the customers find the problems and deal with them them in a patch.

It will make be a lot happier when the patches come and the game is in good shape, which I believe will happen, but I am still pissed that there are SO many OBVIOUS issues.

AND Yeah, I know every game has issues, yaddadee yaddadee. Ones as obvious/consistent as some of these shouldn't make it to the disk.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
spoiled whiny little brats are spreading the negativity with way too high expectations and an inability to enjoy the simple things in life.

you guys are ridiculous.
What is ridiculous is the insults for expressing your opinions on here.. Mods needs to get their finger off their **** and take control.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Im blow away that some people can troll this board talking about other people indirectly, but if its EA positive its no big deal.

Its almost like 2 versions of this game came out, one that has great blocking and one that doesn't. Im not about to sit here and call 5-6 people a liar, but I have yet to see constant fundamental pass or run blocking.

Since when do you have to suspend believe in a video game to make it play better? Is it not suspending belief enough to be Peyton Manning on your couch?

By overlooking game issues your acknowledging that its there. If thats how you deal with it, fine. Dont ignore it to the point you tell others its nonexistent.
Operation Sports is a PRO-EA site...If you talk bad about EA, prepare to be sent to the firing squad
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »