Home

Madden Sales ...slow

This is a discussion on Madden Sales ...slow within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:59 AM   #33
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden Sales ...slow

Madden is finally a great game and it's not selling? Interesting.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:59 AM   #34
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
Hate to tell you this but...get ready for this...EA has the NFL exclusive for another 3 years. Someone get this man a medic !!! Quick!!!
Doesn't matter, another year. But what you fail to notice is that the contract has a lot of limitations so it could very well be 2011 if the nfl feels they would profit more from a competitive style game market. Fact is, it probably will be more profitable that way. So chances are, look for 2011 to be that year.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Nah. It's an improvement for previous versions, but it's still far from great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #36
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

We will have to agree to disagree on that. I can't stop playing it.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 AM   #37
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Sales are Slightly below expectations, hardly time to panic. I would expect sales to increase once the NFL season starts, combine that with the lower priced PS3 and Xbox. I would expect Madden 10 to at least surpass Madden 09.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Doesn't matter, another year. But what you fail to notice is that the contract has a lot of limitations so it could very well be 2011 if the nfl feels they would profit more from a competitive style game market. Fact is, it probably will be more profitable that way. So chances are, look for 2011 to be that year.
Nah dude, EA will fire every developer before they surrender that license. Before this next 3 years is up they will renew again. They should just open the bidding up. At this point I am open to anyone else getting it and getting a crack at it. ALthough I would prefer just an open license so everyone can have the opportunity to make a great game. God forbid we get more than one good game to choose from.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:12 AM   #39
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Must be a nice little world you're living in....haha. Say hello to Elvis for me while you at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Nah dude, EA will fire every developer before they surrender that license. Before this next 3 years is up they will renew again. They should just open the bidding up. At this point I am open to anyone else getting it and getting a crack at it. ALthough I would prefer just an open license so everyone can have the opportunity to make a great game. God forbid we get more than one good game to choose from.
It's not in EA's hands though. It's up the NFL to continue going this rout. Like I said, they could end it THIS YEAR if they didn't like what they saw. So how do you figure the NFL will renew this "exclusive" deal in 3 years if sales keep plummeting? If this game keeps trending down like this, in 3 years Madden is going to be a joke....a COMMERCIAL joke.

I say we should ALL root for bad sales so we can get an open license again. Doesn't matter if you're a Madden fan or 2k....if that happens we all win.

Last edited by Nintari; 08-20-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Sales are Slightly below expectations, hardly time to panic. I would expect sales to increase once the NFL season starts, combine that with the lower priced PS3 and Xbox. I would expect Madden 10 to at least surpass Madden 09.
Panic? Who's panicking? If sales are bad maybe that will expedite the possibility the NFL license won't be exclusive. I know I am living in a pipe dream most likely, but that would be great.

My question is, why does this possibility scare people so much? Even if you are a die hard madden fan, what would you care if 2k or another company had the opportunity to make an NFL game along with EA? Is it fear that maybe someone MIGHT make a better one? And if they did, you could buy it and have a great game? OR you could also continue to buy Madden. It's a win for everyone.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »