Home

Cacth Animations

This is a discussion on Cacth Animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Cacth Animations

Catch Animations
Every year madden comes out with one or two new receiving annimations..only to replace it the following year...i recall several animations that were cool in previous maddens...sideline catch, spin catch towards back of the end zone and my favorite was the one handed grab ...why are these animations scrapped ??...they should simply add to the pool not replace...this year we're stuck with the constant two handed over the shoulder im not looking back for the pass catch...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Cacth Animations

I don't understand half the decision this company makes on adding and removing animations/features so I don't know what to say other than half my catches are over the shoulder, and there are no sideline catch animations even though the year is currently 2009....
Old 08-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

i dont know why madden does this, its really stupid cant they just have all the madden games catch animation in madden nfl 10. whats the point of taking in and out catch animation why cant they just keep the catch animation from the previous games.

Last edited by vaibhavp3; 08-20-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Did it ever occur to you that maybe those animations are still in there yet not seen as frequently due to there being....NEW...animations put in every year?

It's like if you have an iPod shuffle with 10 songs on it one day, then 100 the next. Chances are, you won't hear those original 10 songs nearly as often.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Did it ever occur to you that maybe those animations are still in there yet not seen as frequently due to there being....NEW...animations put in every year?

It's like if you have an iPod shuffle with 10 songs on it one day, then 100 the next. Chances are, you won't hear those original 10 songs nearly as often.
I've played 10 different 12 minute quarter length games and I have yet to see a spin catch, sideline catch, or a one handed grab (other than an interception). I can live without the first and the third one, but seriously what happened to the sideline catch?

If I had to guess on why these aren't seen its because they're not in the game. I think the game can only support a limited number of animations and EA has to subtract so they can add every year, and those three animations seemed to have been subtracted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
I've played 10 different 12 minute quarter length games and I have yet to see a spin catch, sideline catch, or a one handed grab (other than an interception). I can live without the first and the third one, but seriously what happened to the sideline catch?

If I had to guess on why these aren't seen its because they're not in the game. I think the game can only support a limited number of animations and EA has to subtract so they can add every year, and those three animations seemed to have been subtracted.
You could be right. That's just my theory. I've played probably 25+ 15-minute quarter games and haven't noticed. Then again, when I play video games, I like to enjoy what IS there rather than gripe about what isn't. Glass half full, and all of that.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

well the one hand catch is definitely in the game, i seen andre johnson do like four times against me, it looks kinda cool when he is running across the field and the ball looks to be overthrown and he sticks his hand out as far as it can go and grabs it falling down
they should add a fade route catch, i would like to use the tall receivers against little db's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »