Home

That Didnt Take Long, The Vick Idiots Are Back.

This is a discussion on That Didnt Take Long, The Vick Idiots Are Back. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #41
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: That Didnt Take Long, The Vick Idiots Are Back.

Living in Philadelphia I have a friend who was excited about getting Vick, I ask him if he was the type of player that scrambled a lot and sure enough he said yeah. Right after that I did not feel like playing anymore. His team is the eagles and he always leave the pocket I played with a 3-4 D and he ended up turning the game off because he could not run around in make plays (Blitz Hell on ppl you know are going to run with the qb) while i was playing the game like I see it on Sunday's. Lol he's had the game since release day it hink and that was my first time playing it seems like it's just going to get harder now that vick is in the picture
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #42
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Some people value the strategy and fun of actual football.
Some people only care about the W.

I guess it's different strokes. To me, the fun in destroying a stupid opponent would wear off very quickly. I want a challenge.
People play at different skill levels some people are better than others. Some people have to be the raiders or the lions everybody cant be Bill Bellicheck of madden.lol

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 08-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
What happens when you finally play that Vick pro?

Thats a good question. And I guess from the number of posts that have been posted since you asked this question means that they have no answer. I was at my buddy's house playing a game of madden online. The Eagles is my squad. Not cause of Vick. Two people quit before the game even started. One guy quit cause he wanted to be the Eagles. I finally got a game. And with strong Jim Johnson(R.I.P.) like defensive pressure. And a mixture of McNabb and Vick I was killing him and he quit. So it seems to me that yall are just catorgorizing anyone that yall play who picks the Eagles to be a "Vick idiot". Hmmmm thats interesting.

Last edited by ityaboy56; 08-20-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #44
MVP

capp34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
Coo coo? Why are people so quick to criticize and judge someone else's choices? Are you applying for a Madden badge? Maybe collecting all your EASportsWorld points to apply for a job?

In the real world -- that exists outside of video games -- some people value their time more than a win in an online game. Sportyguyfl31, amongst many others who I commend, seems to be one of those guys.

Sois...looks like you hit submit just before me
For all the OP knows his opponent could have had a bad first drive. The next drive he would have tried an alternate method to move the ball because I highly doubt he would continue to do the same thing if he was unsuccessful.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #45
MVP

capp34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ityaboy56
So it seems to me that yall are just categorizing anyone that yall play to be a "Vick idiot".
Exactly...I dont even like vick but this has got to stop.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #46
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I am so going to play with the Eagles and not using Vick just to surprise whomever I'm playing. lol. Besides, the fact Vick is a 73 overall wouldn't make me drool over him. Running Jackson in the wildcat might be considered more cheezy. Maybe.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
Exactly...I dont even like vick but this has got to stop.
no it doesnt and it wont
Old 08-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

I ran into this last night as well, except the guy didn't pick Vick. He tried to play McNabb like people played Vick 3-4 years ago. Dude ran the same formation every single down: 3WR, 2RB, 0TE. Every play was the same: drop back, roll right, heave it. It worked for about a quarter (I'm not the best at picking defensive schemes just yet). He went for it on his first 4th down and got picked off. I think I ended up intercepting him three times in the whole game. He ran a proper running play one time. Even when he was losing 17-0 he didn't change his strategy.

It's nice to see that the biggest issue with Madden (in my opinion) has been fixed. I really wanted to get on the mic and tell him the days of the 15 yard drop-back are over, but I just let him keep digging his own grave. Dude didn't score a single point.

BTW, I was the Vikings and ran it until the cows came home. Favre was 6-7 passing for a slim 108 yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »