Home

That Didnt Take Long, The Vick Idiots Are Back.

This is a discussion on That Didnt Take Long, The Vick Idiots Are Back. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: That Didnt Take Long, The Vick Idiots Are Back.

Now playing somebody that does the same play, yea thats boring. But people have been playing this way since the early days of videogame football. Thats why I am glad that they solved this problem. Who remembers the Tecmo Bowl glitches? Bo Jackson was unstoppable. In the 90's it seemed everyone played with the 49ers or the cowboys. They were always the higher rated teams, with the most higher rated players. So "cheesing" is nothing new.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ityaboy56
Thats a good question. And I guess from the number of posts that have been posted since you asked this question means that they have no answer. I was at my buddy's house playing a game of madden online. The Eagles is my squad. Not cause of Vick. Two people quit before the game even started. One guy quit cause he wanted to be the Eagles. I finally got a game. And with strong Jim Johnson(R.I.P.) like defensive pressure. And a mixture of McNabb and Vick I was killing him and he quit. So it seems to me that yall are just catorgorizing anyone that yall play who picks the Eagles to be a "Vick idiot". Hmmmm thats interesting.
Funny because I thought Vick idiot's were people who used the Eagles, started Vick as QB, tried to scramble around like maniacs on every play only to be shut down, then proceed to quit or request a freindly quit........I have yet to encounter a person that has used the Eagles with Vick and not play like that. Its annoying to me because, while I like getting the W, I want to be challenged whilst getting it

Last edited by Disqo; 08-20-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #51
Rookie

I'm thinking there are two kinds of people that play as the Eagles. Eagles fans and "Vidiots". It will probably be tough this year getting online games as an Eagles fan, just like in past years, everyone wanted to use the Cowboys or Patriots because they're the "best" team.

I'll continue to play as my Lions, and probably get killed doing it. But, I'm not going to play as the Pats another team just because they're good. Hopefully, I'll find more people that like to play as B or C rated squads, because its more fun and competitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #52
Rookie

WingWest36's Arena

OVR: 3

I understand where everyone is coming from as far as people using Eagles and playing as Vick. I'm a die hard Eagles fan and I don't use Vick at all because McNabb is a better overall QB. If Vick was on the Bengals, 49ers, Jaguars, etc., you would probably get the same popularity with online usage with those teams listed.
Although, when someone plays as the Eagles to only use Vick, it does take out the fun with all of the gimmick attempts that people use Vick for. I guess some will do anything to win by any means.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disqo
Funny because I thought Vick idiot's were people who used the Eagles, started Vick as QB, tried to scramble around like maniacs on every play only to be shut down, then proceed to quit or request a freindly quit........I have yet to encounter a person that has used the Eagles with Vick and not play like that. Its annoying to me because, while I like getting the W, I want to be challenged whilst getting it
But then the question still remains. What happens when you run into a "Vick pro", and they utilizes his ability. Granted I understand yall beef about people that just use Vick and forget Jackson, Westbrook, Maclin, McNabb, Curtis, the boy McCoy is a quiet beast on the game. Thats why I think online play is not a complete science. You have thousands who play with majority of them having different styles of play. As one poster stated earlier, about 90% that play never played REAL football. So they have no knowledge of audibles, defensive reads what so ever. So you are subjected to cheesy, boring games. But as another former Eagle great said "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME". LMAO
Old 08-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 9

I will use the eagles, but I'm not gonna scramble with vick all game. I'd much rather use McNabb. I will however use vick for a couple plays(5 max), but the eagles have to many other weapons to run around all day with vick. I'd just use him to keep my opp. guessing. I still get people who do nothing but scrable all game with ANY QB! Even if I'm not blitzing and in man coverage, they will sramble, roll right or left, throw it off their back foot, or across their bodies and its annoying as hell. Even if its a "pocket" qb, and there is no blitz, and no one is even near the qb. Its crazy what people will do for a W.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #55
Banned

So people that use the Cardinals are "Fitzgerald idiots"? People that use the Vikings are "Peterson idiots"? I'm just trying to understand the logic of the arguement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #56
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTFREE226
no it doesnt and it wont
What a dumb thing to say. That's like calling everyone who uses the Dolphins a cheeser because you think they're just gonna go wildcat with Pat White. And yet they have an effective running game and a re-energized Pennington. Of course there's people who want the Eagles because of their quick, young offense, which was already a scary prospect BEFORE Vick's term ended.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »