Home

Franchise Contract Preferences / Findings

This is a discussion on Franchise Contract Preferences / Findings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Franchise Contract Preferences / Findings

Where can you look at how much cap penalties you've accrued? I don't see a screen that has the total amount of cap penalties.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #10
Banned

jesse_8711's Arena

OVR: 5

what do you guys think about drafting/building a team through the 3-4 defense... i find that usually drafting big DEs usually 250-270 pounds and moving them to OLB is best route but they always suffer overall points and potential.. im trying to either re-sign merriman or draft a replacement
Old 08-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #11
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't think there is a screen that shows cap penalties, if there is I haven't found it.

And with Merriman I would resign him as an OLB and then switch him to DE and run a 4-3. He would wreak havoc as a DE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Assuming you keep each pick in rounds 1-7? And what number pick do you have? There's a huge difference in money between #1 and #32.
I won the super bowl in my 3rd season for the first time. Played against the Steelers and won 34-27. Rough game. So for my 4th year I have #32.

Edit: The reason why I was asking is I usually never grab any FA's but there is a OLB that I would love to get. He's an 86 OVR in his 2nd year with some great attributes. He wants a 6 or 7 year contract for $33mil. The Ravens are trying to get him too but I don't want to get him if it's gonna leave me with not enough cap room to sign draft picks.

I currently have $18.34mil in cap room for this 4th year, so if I signed this FA then it would leave me with about $13.7 mil left in cap room to sign picks.

Last edited by joejccva71; 08-20-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
What I find amusing is I'll have a few low to mid 70 OVR players with a C potential grade and when they want to resign they will ask for an insane amount of money. Like 20-25 mil for 4-5 years.

I think this is accurate. Fringe players get overpaid big time in March IRL.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
Banned

jesse_8711's Arena

OVR: 5

idk about teambuilder on this one but i suggest that you go ahead and pick him up if you like him alot and he fits your scheme that your tryna run on defense, since you have #32 pick you prolly won't spend alot on your picks anyway

Quote:
I won the super bowl in my 3rd season for the first time. Played against the Steelers and won 34-27. Rough game. So for my 4th year I have #32.

Edit: The reason why I was asking is I usually never grab any FA's but there is a OLB that I would love to get. He's an 86 OVR in his 2nd year with some great attributes. He wants a 6 or 7 year contract for $33mil. The Ravens are trying to get him too but I don't want to get him if it's gonna leave me with not enough cap room to sign draft picks.

I currently have $18.34mil in cap room for this 4th year, so if I signed this FA then it would leave me with about $13.7 mil left in cap room to sign picks.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #15
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:

My big question is how would you use him. Obviously he's talented, but do you use your linebackers in man coverage, zone coverage or do you blitz them? Then check out his Man Coverage, Zone Coverage, Block Shedding, Power/Finesse ratings and see how well he fits your scheme. If he really fits well then I would say yea go for it, spend the money. But also you may be able to draft someone at lesser money, depends on your scouting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
My big question is how would you use him. Obviously he's talented, but do you use your linebackers in man coverage, zone coverage or do you blitz them? Then check out his Man Coverage, Zone Coverage, Block Shedding, Power/Finesse ratings and see how well he fits your scheme. If he really fits well then I would say yea go for it, spend the money. But also you may be able to draft someone at lesser money, depends on your scouting.
Glad you asked. Here's the situation. I currently have a drafted MLB who I got last season (in his 2nd season NOW) that is a 90 OVR, A potential. The problem is I wasn't really paying attention to his attributes and I now noticed that he stinks in MCV and ZCV.

I normally would pick plays that would put him in man coverage or zone coverages. Was my mistake in doing so.

Sooo..I'm going to move him to LOLB in which his OVR jumps to 94. He has decent speed/acc, great power move and finesse move, and fantastic pursuit and block shredding. So I'm going to make him a pure pass rusher on the outside.

I also moved Brian Orakpo to LE because he's way better on the line than a LB atleast in Madden 10.

The only thing is..I'm stubborn and I always want A potential grades from players. This FA MLB that I wanted has a 86 OVR and a B potential, not A. But he would fit my scheme the best because he has 75 MCV and 82 ZCV which is decent for a LB.

Am I thinking this right? What do you use your MLB for? Most of the players unless it's a Free Fire or All Out Blitz generally would put a MLB either in man coverage against a RB or ZCV with a Cover 2,3, or 4 play.

Last edited by joejccva71; 08-20-2009 at 03:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »