Home

What are your thoughts on this game really?

This is a discussion on What are your thoughts on this game really? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #17
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What are your thoughts on this game really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
I think everyone should withhold judgment on this game until all patches are released and the they come up with a good slider set. That being said every sports game that is released out of the box on the next gen systems has been bad and unplayable to some extent.So i now wait to see if these games are worth buying plus if i wait a month or so i can get it used and save my self a little money and in todays economy that is a good thing.
Sorry, not true. MLB The Show is pretty damn great right out the box.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #18
Rookie

dmanzano's Arena

OVR: 4

On the first few days it looked really good, but then I started paying attention and the blocking is horrible, the CPU playcalling doesn't make any sense( down by 2 or 3 scores on 4th qtr, they run the ball on a 2nd and long, stuff like that), with fight for the fumble off, it seems like every time that cutscene comes up the CPU comes up with the ball(and the times the cut scene appear, it shouldnt, because its absolutely clear who got it first).
And, of course, sometimes it feels like you can do whatever you want but the CPU will make a play, like on a Pats vs Jets game, I've held them to 0 points through the whole game but on the last play their scrub WR catches the ball in the middle, sheds off 2 or 3 tackles, runs toward the endzone near the sideline, that shaky camera thing comes up but I still control a safety coming in angle to make a tackle before the endzone. So, I reach the guy and he goes right through the defender, really, he ran right through the safety's body. Amazing play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Sorry, not true. MLB The Show is pretty damn great right out the box.
Agreed.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

Wait - we have to wait for it to be patched before we give an opinion?

When did Madden become a MMORPG?

Oh no - please don't give EA any ideas! They'll start charging us $14.99 a month to play online!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Next thing you know, the Cheesers will start buying Virtual Players from 3rd party sites and they'll Wildcat us to death!

YIKES!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
I think everyone should withhold judgment on this game until all patches are released and the they come up with a good slider set. That being said every sports game that is released out of the box on the next gen systems has been bad and unplayable to some extent.So i now wait to see if these games are worth buying plus if i wait a month or so i can get it used and save my self a little money and in todays economy that is a good thing.
I'll agree with that. It's not like I hate the game here. It's just sort of unplayable for me right now. It has some positives. The game looks great. It has potential why it's a bit annoying. It's still ridiculous.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 17

Too many crucial football flaws to be rated higher than 6.5 or so. I mean, pretty much every game I've played has had the score or outcome directly affected by a flaw in the game.

Pursuit angles, defenders not making much of an attempt to take down the ball carrier or doing goofy stuff like running the wrong way, etc

When a ball carrier is breaking a tackle, the rest of the defense just stops playing. It's like they think they ball carrier is going to be brought down so they quit trying. Of course the ball carrier breaks the tackle and then zooms off to the endzone like he has the freshest legs in the world and can accelerate from 0 to 60 in one step so of course nobody catches him. HOW DO PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THIS??????????????????????????

Blocking, on default (user vs user) is the worst thing I've ever seen in any video game period. It's just horrible. How does EA not realize it's impossible to run the ball, especially out of shotgun?

The fumbles and INTs returned for TDs. Like 98% of these are returned for scores. DLinemen have the agility of Ted Ginn when they get the ball. Stamina doesn't come into play at all here. An INT in the endzone is a routine TD for the defense.

EA has put band aids all over this game for years now and they just have too many fundamental flaws to fix. They can't do it. It would take years and years to fix at this point, 360/PS3 will be long gone by that time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 16

Anybody who says a sports game is great out the box must suck at that game

Mlb the show is farrrrr from great out of the box

Sliders are needed for sports games because we all don't suck or are not as good as others

One setting with no hope to improve the challenge is a no buy for me but I am good at sports games and I don't like winning all day with big stats like most do with wanting out of the box only challenge all season long
Old 08-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

Tons of flaws, but playable, unlike 09. The CPU AI still stinks.

Certainly isn't worthy of a score higher than 7.5, IMO.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
Anybody who says a sports game is great out the box must suck at that game

Mlb the show is farrrrr from great out of the box

Sliders are needed for sports games because we all don't suck or are not as good as others

One setting with no hope to improve the challenge is a no buy for me but I am good at sports games and I don't like winning all day with big stats like most do with wanting out of the box only challenge all season long
I disagree. NBA 2k9 plays pretty good out of the box once they patched. MLB The Show is good too. Fight Night round 4. I dont mind a learning curve. Thats not it. But all those games i just mentioned i play on the highest or 2nd highest setting and get good games as ive gotten better. I dont use sliders at all usually. I just up the difficulty as i get better. Madden is different and completely unbalnaced out of the box. All Pro is too easy and All Madden is better than years past but still has issues. I'm playing on all madden default and having good games even though i'm being beaten right now, but it's not the difficulty that bothers me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »