Home

Proof is in the numbers. Maddens first week numbers drop significantly.

This is a discussion on Proof is in the numbers. Maddens first week numbers drop significantly. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #25
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Proof is in the numbers. Maddens first week numbers drop significantly.

I'm not seeing the point in this thread...

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
So then every game company that uses in game ads should be selling for $39.99? 2k has in game ads, are they selling their upcoming NBA title for $39.99? What about MLB 2K9, how much did it go for? Same for the Show?

And in regards to the bolded part, how does one take a stand if their stand is dictated by the recession? If the recession is determining one's purchasing power, then how do we determine what stance, if any, that person is taking?
In game ads never bothered me. product placement doesnt even bother me in movies/tv shows. Its all about the gameplay. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. If thats not up to par, then whats the point?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

One thing is certain - Madden needs the NFL license WAY MORE then the NFL needs Madden.

I'd love to see Madden's sales if it didn't have the NFL license. Same exact game, MINUS all the NFL teams, Logos, Themes and Players... then show me how much it sells.

Then give APF the NFL license and watch the biggest exodus of Madden fans in the history of video games.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #28
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers
Good for you. Now go sit in a corner and feel better about yourself.
It's amusing to me how the apologists (fans) of these games are quick to try and tell those that don't like it to go away, as though we have no right to be here unless we want to declare our love for all things EA Sports. I suppose they just can't stomach people having different opinions.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
In game ads never bothered me. product placement doesnt even bother me in movies/tv shows. Its all about the gameplay. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. If thats not up to par, then whats the point?
Never said that it wasn't about gameplay...I was simply responding to his post that EA should sell the game for $39.99 because of in game advertising. Well, if we are going to hold company a to that standard, then why not company b, c, d, etc...?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Because i love football and i have been watching it every week since 1982. I want a good football game to play. NFL and EA took away my choice, so i hope the fans speak up enough that dont like it so that EA or anyone listening could make their game into what it should be by now.

Is that good enough for you sir?
Fair enough, I just wouldn't waste my time and energy discussing something if I thought it sucked.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Well, for me, its easy. game sucks period. (remember my opinion) Alot of people are just tired of having 1 football game that isnt up to what they think it should be.

It doesnt get much simpler then that for them. its 2009 and the game should be alot alot better then it is.

Look at this video, game should run as smoothly and pretty as this, thats why alot of us get upset.

That is what I see on Sunday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
One thing is certain - Madden needs the NFL license WAY MORE then the NFL needs Madden.

I'd love to see Madden's sales if it didn't have the NFL license. Same exact game, MINUS all the NFL teams, Logos, Themes and Players... then show me how much it sells.

Then give APF the NFL license and watch the biggest exodus of Madden fans in the history of video games.
You could basically take the license away from any game company and give it to another and watch the sales for the company that gains the license increase and while the company that loses the license decrease.

If you took the license away from the Show and gave it to 2k exclusively in baseball, I guarantee you that the sales for the Show would go down, while 2k's would increase. Same with NBA, NHL, Soccer, NCAA.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »