Home

Can't Stop the Cheese!!!

This is a discussion on Can't Stop the Cheese!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Can't Stop the Cheese!!!

I've seen some pretty cool threads in here about how sim play can and does beat cheese this year. This is very good news to hear except... I CAN'T!

I'm playing an online franchise with friends and one of them, is the biggest cheeser of all of us. He runs the classic no-huddle, 15 audible, crossing route to the backs and slot receiver all day, and i can't stop it. I'm afraid to play man against the crossing routes, yet I'm afraid to sit back in zone cuz he rolls out every time and has too much time to throw. help?!?!

Also, sits back in a cover 3 all game, every game and I can't throw against it. I need help from some pros here at OS.

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Can't Stop the Cheese!!!

Yes, it is easy to run slants and throw the the halfback.

And on D if you just stack the middle it stops the run good, you don't even have to blitz. I have no found a real way to stop it yet either.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Try cover 1 so you have someone in the middle playing zone and your dbs playing man. Then try to get after his qb with a spy de and a user rush from the other de.
"He's the most underrated player in the history of the game. He is off the charts & as good as it gets. He doesn't get the attention for the way he plays consistently but he is the most underrated football player that I have ever seen in my coaching career."-Mike "Raider *****" Shanahan (on Nnamdi)
Old 08-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

If he is sitting in cover 3 then just toss it to you RB/TE in the flats. The RB should beat the zone coverage jst about every time.

Also you CAN toss passes over the D when they are in ZONE, so dont be too afraid to do so (square Ins work well if you have the time). Cover 3 can be a pain, but it is not without its weakness.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

TE seem routes can kill cover 3 also.
"He's the most underrated player in the history of the game. He is off the charts & as good as it gets. He doesn't get the attention for the way he plays consistently but he is the most underrated football player that I have ever seen in my coaching career."-Mike "Raider *****" Shanahan (on Nnamdi)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

.....sometimes, you gotta fight cheese with cheese!

j/k. try some nickel - DE contain for 2 reasons:

1). spread out the D-Line (LB + Lstick UP) to contain the QB runs
2). nickel works ok against the pass, take control of one of the LBs and personally man up with his slot WR or TE. If you're still having trouble covering his slot, then use "Key-in" on his slot together with your user control LB (basically double cover his slot).

This should at least help a bit. good luck!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Thanks, these are some AWESOME suggestions so far. I had a question about the defensive assignments option.

first, do you use it? 2nd, how? I'd be nervous to take my top corner off his top wr to cover the running back.

has anyone had success with this?

#GoPackGo
Old 08-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #8
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
Thanks, these are some AWESOME suggestions so far. I had a question about the defensive assignments option.

first, do you use it? 2nd, how? I'd be nervous to take my top corner off his top wr to cover the running back.

has anyone had success with this?
Defensive assignments are a must people that pass to backs in the flats all day. Pause>Coaching Options>Defensive Assignments. There you can put your fastest corner on Chris Johnson, Willie Parker etc. I've had lots of success using this.

It's all about personnel. If you play against Tennessee, the receivers suck so you can put your best DB on CJ and you'd be good.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »