Home

Please take out the ref cut scenes and "player chatter" for Madden 11

This is a discussion on Please take out the ref cut scenes and "player chatter" for Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Please take out the ref cut scenes and "player chatter" for Madden 11

Pretty simple request:

the player chatter is silly and doesn't not add any authenticity to the game since the lines are clearly mixed in at a higher volume and sound dumb. If you wish to keep this in then go for it BUT pleeeeeeeeease give an option to turn the player volume down.

As for cut scenes, ENOUGH WITH THEM. Like the above, if you wish to keep them in then cool but GIVE ME THE OPTION TO SKIP OR TURN THEM OFF.

Two times now I have caught a pass sliding right before the goal line without being touched or any player really close to me only for it to go to a cut scene the half second after the ball is caught saying I did not get into the end zone when I COULD EASILY GET UP AND WALK IN.

Is this the nfl or college ball?

It is a great game so far but all these little presentation ideas they threw in are poorly implemented and annoying since they are forced on us. If you feel this crap MUST be in the game and not be able to be skipped then why not add more? Seeing the same ref cut scene 8236583568354 times a game gets repetitive after oh 2 games. Same goes for player chatter. I hear "do what we do" about 8 times a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Please take out the ref cut scenes and "player chatter" for Madden 11

you know EA just can't win. When the presentation was crap,all people screamed was "give us better presentation". Okay,so what does EA do? They work to give us better presentation,and people still complain?
Old 08-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers
you know EA just can't win. When the presentation was crap,all people screamed was "give us better presentation". Okay,so what does EA do? They work to give us better presentation,and people still complain?
Agree.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Yeah, it was nice at first. I started hating it when you can tell the outcome of a call by how the scene looked.

EDIT: I still am very happy with the strides EA has made with the presentation. Not hating, I just think that all of the scenes should have the ability to go either way. That would be awesome.

"Player chatter" was brilliant in my opinion. Very well done.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile

Last edited by ScoobySnax; 08-20-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
They integrated it poorly. If consumers ask a five star restaurant to consider putting soup on the menu and the restaurant agrees, but the soup is cold and has hair in it, do you think I should complain about it?

Or, should I just tell my buddies "Well, at least they have soup!" and eat it with a big smile on face?

Stop defending EA where they shouldn't be defended.

On a side note, the player chatter doesn't annoy me too much. It's the damn goalline signals. 1st and goal on the one is torture, it really, really is.

"Did he get there? Nah!"
"Did he get there? Nah!"
"Did he get there? Nah!"
"Did he get there? Yah!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
They integrated it poorly. If consumers ask a five star restaurant to consider putting soup on the menu and the restaurant agrees, but the soup is cold and has hair in it, do you think I should complain about it?

Or, should I just tell my buddies "Well, at least they have soup!" and eat it with a big smile on face?

Then you need to either bring a suggestion to fix it, or hush up. You would suggest that the restaurant warm up the soup and take care not to get hair in your soup. You wouldn't call your waiter over and say "my soup sucks!" and leave it at that.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax

I don't think they implented it poorly. I don't have a problem with it. Alot of people don't have a problem with it. If you have a problem with it,that's your damned business.

Seriously,some of you like to complain just for the freakin sake of complaining.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I couldn't have said it better myself. People just want to complain about stuff. I just don't get it. EA got bashed for years about presentation and bringing you into the game and now they do, and people want it out.

Keep it up EA don't listen to these guys. Keep adding the things that make football the best sport out there. But, if you have to do something give them the option to skip through it. I won't but, someone will always complain about something.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »