Home

madden on ps2 > madden next gen

This is a discussion on madden on ps2 > madden next gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:55 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: madden on ps2 > madden next gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
totally totally totally disagree..M10 on 360/ps3 is superior to anything the dated ps2 hardware is pushing out.

personally..i cant stand the ugly graphics from last gen neither, its HD for me or its nothing
better graphics =/= better game
Old 08-21-2009, 01:56 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
QFT.
With every new release, I expected Madden next gen to be a lot better than their current gen counterparts and, everytime, EA never cease to fail me. I've been holding off next gen console mainly because of this. Next gen superiority is marginal at best to justify the upgrade for me.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:26 AM   #11
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Why is it every time someone says they like the graphics better in something this comment comes up?

And this game is still pretty much a juke and spin fest >_>
But best current-gen Madden there is. Player ratings are especially nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:39 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 24

I bought Madden 09 for PS2, and it was 08 with a roster change.

I've seen some videos of Madden 10 PS2, and it's 09 with a roster change. Oh, and a new announce team. But the same frame rate issues are there. Stuttering, stuttering, stuttering.

IMO, they finally got a next-gen version worthy of my $$$. Sorry, OP, but I strongly disagree with you on this one.

P.S.------want better graphics and smooth gameplay, but the older last gen feel? Pick up Madden 08 for the PC.

Late....
Old 08-21-2009, 03:11 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 18

The players will try to stay in-bounds on sideline catches on the PS2 version. 360/PS3 are still missing that.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:34 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Why is it every time someone says they like the graphics better in something this comment comes up?

And this game is still pretty much a juke and spin fest >_>
But best current-gen Madden there is. Player ratings are especially nice.
Its because he said the game was inferior only because of the graphics when from all the sounds, it sounds like the game on the ps2 is better minus the graphics for the most part
Old 08-22-2009, 02:02 AM   #15
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
totally totally totally disagree..M10 on 360/ps3 is superior to anything the dated ps2 hardware is pushing out.

personally..i cant stand the ugly graphics from last gen neither, its HD for me or its nothing
I totally disagree with you. I agree with the op , but ofcourse we are going to be the minority, but thats just for now

Your so easy to please. "It HD for me or its nothing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUtomo
QFT.
With every new release, I expected Madden next gen to be a lot better than their current gen counterparts and, everytime, EA never cease to fail me. I've been holding off next gen console mainly because of this. Next gen superiority is marginal at best to justify the upgrade for me.
Smart man. If your only looking to upgrade your system when a solid football title comes out. Your very intelligent for waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I bought Madden 09 for PS2, and it was 08 with a roster change.

I've seen some videos of Madden 10 PS2, and it's 09 with a roster change. Oh, and a new announce team. But the same frame rate issues are there. Stuttering, stuttering, stuttering.

IMO, they finally got a next-gen version worthy of my $$$. Sorry, OP, but I strongly disagree with you on this one.

P.S.------want better graphics and smooth gameplay, but the older last gen feel? Pick up Madden 08 for the PC.

Late....
I agree with your statement about Madden 08 on the PC, but the rest of it is false. I have zero stuttering when I play last gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
The players will try to stay in-bounds on sideline catches on the PS2 version. 360/PS3 are still missing that.
Yes they do and its real nice to see that. Even the defenders pull this off when trying to intercept the ball. Sideline catching is very nice to see.

What else is nice is to have the option for Vision cone.

To be able to tell your Db to play the inside or outside of the WR.

Its nice to tell one db to jam and the other Db to back off.

I like the fact that I can customize the right analog stick for full customization on player moves.

The option to choose a quick juke when hitting a hole, or a standard juke when on a one on one situation.

I love the fact that I can switch hands with the ball to move it away from the tackler and prevent him from stripping the ball.

I like how when I highlight a defender all I have to do is hit the right analog stick in a direction to give him his new assignment, and how easy it is to make a defender double team on a WR.

I like how I have a choice of 5 camera angles.

Its hot how much more sim last gen is over next gen.

I love how at times a real big time hit knocks the helmet off the player.

Wow next gen is suppose to be better, but meanwhile the last gen version has so much more at your disposal than next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 03:07 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
Yet another yearly thread of madden ps2 is better then next gen

Is comical

Last gen madden was a juke and spin arcade game

Money plays that work all game long and no adaptive a.I to react to it

This madden 10 is a millon times better then last gen madden by a long shot
Agreed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »