Home

**Official "Madden NFL 10 Gripe" Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official "Madden NFL 10 Gripe" Thread** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: For those of us who criticize Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I've gotten more infractions (at least 6) in the short time that the devs have been coming to these boards than I got in the 10+ years I had been posting on this forum before they came.

That's a fact...hope I don't get another infraction for just stating it.
I thought it was just me. I have gotten more infractions also. I find it ironic that I was given an infraction for answering a survey poll. A survey poll.

I got modded for a one name answer, argued my point and got threatened to be given another. Only on Internet.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 22

I think some people need to understand is if all you have is negative posts under your belt then yeah..you are a downer, madden terrorists or *****...but if some of you "actually" have some positive posts under your belt then ..i dont have a problem personally nor would most of everyone else around here that actually have HELPED make the game better this year with "constructive criticism"..

I think its GOOD to have constructive criticism if done in a civil adult way..not a childish blatantly bashing way...two entirely different species. Its up to you how you represent...i dont blame the mods for locking alot of the threads..because half of them are from people that does not have a single positive post under their belt in these madden forums. ..what does that tell ya.

But thats cool you guys all have your own thread now... more power to ya!

Off to play some madden 10

PS> checking a members post history does wonders in understanding their motives

Last edited by Moegames; 08-20-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #43
R**k**

danqb11's Arena

OVR: 7

I think that for the most part people are just dissappointed and they have had enough. Ian got everyones hopes up with all his interaction on the boards here talking about all the new features and gameplay improvements. When the time came for the game to come out and people started playing it they noticed that very little has improved.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
I think some people need to understand is if all you have is negative posts under your belt then yeah..you are a downer, madden terrorists or *****...but if some of you "actually" have some positive posts under your belt then ..i dont have a problem personally nor would most of everyone else around here that actually have HELPED make the game better this year with "constructive criticism"..

I think its GOOD to have constructive criticism if done in a civil adult way..not a childish blatantly bashing way...two entirely different species. Its up to you how you represent...i dont blame the mods for locking alot of the threads..because half of them are from people that does not have a single positive post under their belt in these madden forums. ..what does that tell ya.

But thats cool you guys all have your own thread now... more power to ya!

PS> checking a members post history does wonders in understanding their motives
I have a sincere question, moegames, are you autistic? I ask because almost every post is the same stuff just worded differently its uncanning that you with out fail, try to label people by their post history amongst other things. Its odd because reading your post history is like ground hog day. I'm not being funny or anything I'm serious are you OCD or autistic?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #45
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

My list of issues with this game grows daily, I honestly can't even get through a whole game anymore because of all the warping, terrible animations, bad blocking, etc... As much as I hate to say it (and I really hate to say it), Apex is/has been pretty much on point with most of his videos. I'm not saying I agree with the presentation, the frequency or the true motives behind the videos, but the actual content/issues being presented in most of them happen ALOT and really question things about this game that were said to be fixed.

I for one am tired of saying "maybe next year", we have been saying that for 5 years now, so what makes me think that Madden 11 is going to be so much better than 10, 09, 08 etc? I just don't understand how EA doesn't see that this game needs a new engine......period, just tear it down and start over, that's the only way this game will ever get back on track. For the people that like the game for what it is, then fine and I'm glad you are getting your moneys worth, but to call this game anything close to simulation is a slap in the face to true sim football fans. I posted my list in the patch thread, but in case it doesn't get seen there, maybe someone will come across it in here and take notes.

-A lot of the animations still look weird and play out in the wrong situation.

-DBs are cutting on routes at the EXACT same time as the receivers are (sometimes they even cut before the receivers do).

-Sometimes DBs in perfect position to make plays just stand there and do nothing even when you mash on the swat button. For those that call this a minor annoyance, I will ask: Would it be OK if the same thing happened to your QB when trying to throw the ball? Didn't think so.

-Sloppy presentation. Why does a first down show a different chain gang cut scene than a non-first down? Kinda ruins the suspense. Coaches yelling at players on the sidelines AFTER GOOD PLAYS. Why oh why do we have player chatter while selecting plays? This is one of the most poorly done aspects of presentation. The players just randomly repeat the same things over and over again, and totally out of context at that. I'm selecting a play and out of the blue I hear "I JUST DO WHAT I DO BABY" Seriously?, I mean Seriously?

-CPU LBs and DTs that drop back in coverage stand there and watch balls literally sail right over their heads to receivers standing directly behind them.

-What happened to custom stadium sounds like the Lions siren that plays when they score a touchdown, or the lion roar that happens on first downs? It was in the game last year (and the year before that) if I remember correctly.

-I have had three games now where the first play of the game the CPU RB breaks out of a 4-6 man Pro-Tack "scrum" and runs for a 65+ yard touchdown.

-We need tiered defensive playcalling. Period. I am tired of being stuck not having the freedom to call separate assignments for the Defensive Line, Linebackers and Secondary when I pick my defensive play.

-Receivers have no sense of the sidelines at all.

-Overall lack of precision in the passing game, especially on out routes.

-Suction blocking is still very much present, and Defensive Line play feels boring and scripted. When I am battling with an Offensive Lineman I feel like I am trying to break away from a magnet pulling me in rather than trying to shed a blocker. I just feel no sense of hands battling and shoving each other or that two guys are trying to maul each other; and even if/when I do break free, I magically get sucked in to another blocker....ugh.

-WRs don't go and get or battle for the ball enough. They are just content to do the good ole' "right in the bread basket" catch, which is totally useless in most situations.

-Still can't get pressure on the QB, and even if you do get to the QB, the CPU refuses to take sacks and always "magically" finds an open receiver just before getting hit.

-Zone coverage is broken altogether, and safties in zone don't always break their coverage assignment and come to make a tackle when the offense calls a run play.

-Pass rushers with a clear shot at the QB inexplicably change directions and delay sacking the QB.

-As mentioned numerous times, passing to the flats is way too easy, as is beating the CPU when they blitz. Almost every time the CPU blitzes there is a man wide open that can gain HUGE amounts of yards if not a touchdown.

-Penalties are LAME. Why can't we see things like Illegal Man Downfield, DEFENSIVE Holding, more Pass Interference calls, Illegal Touching, etc...? We just get the same boring Holding, Clipping and Face Mask calls all game.

-CPU quick snap is still alive and well and is flat out terrible on Field Goal attempts.

-Where is all of this DB and WR jostling that was supposed to be present?

-Adaptive AI either isn't working or is not present at all.

-Wide receivers in the run and return game (especially on breakaway runs) turn and block the wrong guy, allowing defenders to make plays on you that they shouldn't have been able to.

-We need to be able to choose from what options we want to challenge on certain plays, not just be tied down to what the CPU thinks we should be challenging.

-Lower rated DTs can still come off their blocks too easily and make plays on runs up the middle.

-On kick returns there are still blockers that sometimes run all the way downfield past the defenders and towards the end zone (all the while blocking not one soul).

-Toss and sweep plays still get blown up way too much for lost yardage. Ditto for screen plays (there always seems to be a DT that is standing right next to my RB, even if that's the first time I called that play).

-CPU still punts the ball through the end zone instead of trying to pin me deep.

-There needs to be better spacing on run plays up the middle. Way too often my run plays up the middle result in me just spamming the juke stick because there is nothing but a mess of way too many bodies all jammed together and no clear lane to run through.

-WRs on some plays (curl routes especially) just stand there frozen solid after running their route, most times even after the play breaks down.

-Players still seem kinda on the stumpy/squatty side. I would rather see them be a little bit too tall (like APF 2K8) rather than be too short and stumpy.

-Weight, momentum and physics mean absolutely positively NOTHING. There are certain animations where a guy is on his way to the ground, only to magically pop back up and truck someone for extra yards.

-Tom Hammond.

-Fields don't degrade enough, or at least some (like Heinz Field) should degrade a lot more than others.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 08-25-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #46
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I have a sincere question, moegames, are you autistic? I ask because almost every post is the same stuff just worded differently its uncanning that you with out fail, try to label people by their post history amongst other things. Its odd because reading your post history is like ground hog day. I'm not being funny or anything I'm serious are you OCD or autistic?
Holeeeeee shiiiiiiiiii
Old 08-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #47
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames

And what's with that comment? If you like the game so much then why are you in this thread? Infractions should be handed out for this stuff just as it is for people that troll in other threads.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 9

Madden really feels like football this year. It is better playing, but a few things need to be looked at:

1. Moving guys way out of their natural position(manually stacking the line) hurts the ground pound teams and needs some adjusting. I could change plays, but if I have a -pound the ball team- I should have the advantage over a team that made a bad defensive call, but stacked the line.

2. The running game feels stale. Something needs to be added to bump it up a notch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »