Home

**Official "Madden NFL 10 Gripe" Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official "Madden NFL 10 Gripe" Thread** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: For those of us who criticize Madden.

The one thing that gets on my nerves is that the EA fanboys make it seem asthough the things that Apex, Moody, and everyone else points out only happen every once in a while... well I'll tell you right now they don't. I dare anyone to go into practice mode and run a play then once its over watch the replay and see how many things make you go what the **** was that? I know no game is perfect. I don't expect any to be, but this game is rapidly getting worse as the graphical wow factor wears off.

I would have just loved to see what APF 2k8 would have been if it was NFL 2k8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 21

Well tommorow should be my first day with M10. Thankfully I get free Red Bull from work, I have a feeling its gonna be a busy day.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #67
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

So, it's ok for the people that criticize the game to start calling out EA Fanboys, but it's not ok for people that enjoy the game to come in and say haters, whiners or complainers?

This is why these threads go downhill quickly folks. Yes, it happens both ways, but you don't need to start things off.

Just saying.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:43 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 7

this is what im talking about. zion has a central place to converse and gather to fight off and ease our mind against the matrix. all i can say is thank echopax i label u as MORPHEUS, now lets party....lol

ok my gripes with madden is the lack of consistency with its game engine. NFL is about consistency, things that you been taught to do since high school and continue through out your career. an O-line would never turn his back toward the defense and a CB would never turn his back to the QB eyes at snap. all that training video and drill video should be implemented into madden on how players deal with certain situations

running the ball is broken cause they make the O-line inconsistent and also madden doesnt have ZONE BLOCKING SCHEMES. everybody a individual and just go find someone to block. a stretch play in madden looks nothing like real life scheme.

apf 2k8 does alot of what i say really good and thats one reason why i say its the best representation of the NFL
Old 08-21-2009, 01:53 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, it's ok for the people that criticize the game to start calling out EA Fanboys, but it's not ok for people that enjoy the game to come in and say haters, whiners or complainers?

This is why these threads go downhill quickly folks. Yes, it happens both ways, but you don't need to start things off.

Just saying.
What else would you call yourself?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:58 AM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
What else would you call yourself?
Haha. Good comeback, but hardly true.

07, 08, and 09 were traded in quickly, so, yeah, I'm one of those. I have 2k5 on the shelf as well and enjoyed that game for awhile.

Nice try and nice try at deflection, too.

I'll call myself a consumer who enjoys Madden this year better than the years above.

Last edited by roadman; 08-21-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:37 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 21

Id just like to point something out, which will most likely get me banned but whatever.

Speaking for myself only, I have tried to be respectful and polite to everybody here, regardless of how they approach me.

I find this "thread" which is ultimately a corner for everybody to pee in, nothing but total censorship.

Every time something negative is brought up, the thread gets locked. What do you expect when they see others present the same issues they have had, them to not say they have had the same problems. I suppose its a double standard that you cant dislike the game for the same reasons, but its fine to like it because the graphics.

So far this week on this board I have seen claims, "EA cant afford to Beta Test its games" and "I sent my ratings to EA and they used them for X team, I didnt get any credit and I can prove it". My personal favorite "If you ignore some of the issues, they really aren't that big of a deal". All of which went without a word, yet when people start saying something negative (even if its proven and well documented) now we have a problem. You can say anything you want, so long as its good.

"Dont compare M10 to 2k5 or 2k8". You realize how fair that is, to compare games straight up. In essence by saying dont do that, your saying you want me to compare it to real life football. If M10 cant replicate things found in far outdated games, how fair is it to compare it to real life.

By giving everybody a common place like this, your simply saying you only want positive threads and responses. Anything else will simply be locked. Nobody fresh to the board would dare come into a post labeled in this way or the length it will reach. This will just be looked at as a complainers page.

How in the world is anything constructive meant to come out of this, rather than just appeasing people who complained about negativity ruling the boards?

I realize this is far from a democracy, and its not open for freedom of speech debates. That said, I think anybody should be allowed the right to post things so long as they do it in a respectful manner regardless if its good or bad.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-21-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:39 AM   #72
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

My enthusiasm for this game is declining every day. It's an improvement over 09, but there's too much stuff that still needs fixing. I went back to THE SHOW and finishing off my franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »