Home

Speed Threshold

This is a discussion on Speed Threshold within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
MVP
 
speedkills's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2004
Speed Threshold

Unless I'm reading things wrong I thought that decreasing the threshold (moving slider to the left) will make speed differences more pronounced and increasing the threshold (moving slider to the right) minimizes the differences in speed. But I've read several posts here that say the exact opposite? Which is it?
speedkills is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Re: Speed Threshold

The lower the number the bigger the difference, the higher the number the smaller the difference. And I would suggest keeping it in the 70-80 range so not all the lineman are giants boulders slowly rolling across the field missing all their blocking assignments.
Myloman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Speed Threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
The lower the number the bigger the difference, the higher the number the smaller the difference. And I would suggest keeping it in the 70-80 range so not all the lineman are giants boulders slowly rolling across the field missing all their blocking assignments.
lol yes i agree keep the speed threshold at 70 to reduce the difference in the speed of players. This also will minimize big plays.
the drewster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
MVP
 
speedkills's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Speed Threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
The lower the number the bigger the difference, the higher the number the smaller the difference. And I would suggest keeping it in the 70-80 range so not all the lineman are giants boulders slowly rolling across the field missing all their blocking assignments.
hmm .. interesting side effect with the blocking. That didn't even occur to me. I've tried at 30 to have speedy receivers blow by slower DBs allowing more big plays downfield.
speedkills is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Re: Speed Threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
hmm .. interesting side effect with the blocking. That didn't even occur to me. I've tried at 30 to have speedy receivers blow by slower DBs allowing more big plays downfield.
Yea it really helps with blocking so the CBs and Safeties can't just blow by the lineman on pitches and screens.
Myloman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
Banned
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA -City of champs!!!
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Speed Threshold

the weird thing is i tried at 0 and at 100 and didn't notice a HUGE difference with fast willy. i really couldn't tell which did what. but idk, i was expecting a huge difference.
******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">
bigal093 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Re: Speed Threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal093
the weird thing is i tried at 0 and at 100 and didn't notice a HUGE difference with fast willy. i really couldn't tell which did what. but idk, i was expecting a huge difference.
******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">
It was a pretty big difference when I was using Reggie Bush, Brian Westbrook, LeSean Mccoy, and Chris Johnson during my speed threshold experimenting.
Myloman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Top -