Home

Few questions...

This is a discussion on Few questions... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Few questions...

Couldnt find the answer to these anywhere else.

1. What exactly does the ball carrier vision rating do if you're the one controlling the player? Is it only a cpu stat?

2. When at the loading screen, I've noticed the coaching bar at the bottom, and how some teams have better coaching than others. How exactly does this affect a game(when not in franchise mode)?

3. How early should you start stiff arming a person? This has been a problem for me ever since 09, for some reason whenever i do a stiff arm i always get stuck in that weird animation where my player is trying to stiff arm but it never fully comes out. Kinda hard to explain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Few questions...

Anyone?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

1 - yes should be a cpu only stat, like qb awareness. but nobody knows EXACTLY how all the in game percentages are calculated, so it could be possible it affects your blockers in some way, but i wouldnt think so.

2 - it doesnt, at least not that i know of. coaches add the positive/negative boosts in franchise, they dont appear in single game modes, so i would assume it doesnt matter.

3 - yeah since 09 i havent been able to stiff arm a defender from reaching me, i kinda gave up. I only use it as soon as a defender starts a tackle animation on me, i can sometimes have decent success pushing them off that way.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

OVR: 3

With the stiff arm, I always start it early. Think of it like you have to charge it up before the defender gets to you. That way the animation is at the actual cocked and ready to strike out stage when the guy gets to you, otherwise you are stuck with your arm in close to the body an it translates into a less powerful slapping animation.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill from Accounting
Couldnt find the answer to these anywhere else.

1. What exactly does the ball carrier vision rating do if you're the one controlling the player? Is it only a cpu stat?
I'm guessing its a cpu/sim only stat. I haven't noticed in difference personally when controlling a back with good vision vs one with poor vision.

Quote:
2. When at the loading screen, I've noticed the coaching bar at the bottom, and how some teams have better coaching than others. How exactly does this affect a game(when not in franchise mode)?
During a game/outside of franchise I think it may have something to do with playcalling, but thats a complete guess. Again, I think its something thats only sim/cpu based with no effect on the user end.

Quote:
3. How early should you start stiff arming a person? This has been a problem for me ever since 09, for some reason whenever i do a stiff arm i always get stuck in that weird animation where my player is trying to stiff arm but it never fully comes out. Kinda hard to explain.
This is tough to answer as I don't know how to pinpoint/explain exactly when I stiff arm the defender. I typically do it when the defender is about a yard to 2 yards away from me so that the animation will play out.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »