Home

ANyone else besides me using a 3-4 defense team and lacking the defensive stats badly

This is a discussion on ANyone else besides me using a 3-4 defense team and lacking the defensive stats badly within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
ANyone else besides me using a 3-4 defense team and lacking the defensive stats badly

I use the Jets, 4 games thru and Bart Scott has 13 tackles, Gholston Ellis and Pace have 1 sack, Revis has 0 INT's, Brees just threw for 509 yards on me. At this pace my defensive stats will be so horrible!! Kinda miss the old maddens where my MLB would have about 10-12 tackles a game. Im huge on having sweet defensive stats and this year seems like its gonna suck. I like attempting to have 3 or more have 100+ tackles and some players gettin 10+ sacks. Anyone else out there having a hard time with a 3-4 based team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: ANyone else besides me using a 3-4 defense team and lacking the defensive stats b

are you blitzing too much? I was facing the chargers and with good QBs (using the Ravens) I found it far more optimal to just use a 4 down lineman rush against them. When I blitzed I kept getting burned left and right.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
Banned

Re: ANyone else besides me using a 3-4 defense team and lacking the defensive stats b

Yea i beleive that was one of the problems, def gonna not blitz all that much when im facing great QB's but it still irks me that my tackle stats and sacks are terrible. I mean i get in there with someone and a split second b4 i get to the QB he throws it or of course i hit him as hes throwing it, very annoying to not get any sacks. And the fact Bart Scott is gonna have a whopping 50 tackles, he would have a lil bit more if EA knew your suppose to add solo and assisted tackles together, didnt think u could miss that but i was wrong
Old 08-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmogs10
Yea i beleive that was one of the problems, def gonna not blitz all that much when im facing great QB's but it still irks me that my tackle stats and sacks are terrible. I mean i get in there with someone and a split second b4 i get to the QB he throws it or of course i hit him as hes throwing it, very annoying to not get any sacks. And the fact Bart Scott is gonna have a whopping 50 tackles, he would have a lil bit more if EA knew your suppose to add solo and assisted tackles together, didnt think u could miss that but i was wrong
yeah I do the same thing with the cowboys defense, I have been using a cover 2 or cover 3 defense since pass rush is non existence for the 3-4 defense.
I just played denver in my 4th game of the season and kyle Orton torched me for 475 yard. I am hoping that they would patch anc fix the problem with the pass rush, but for now I am blitzing only when the offense is in 3rd and long.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Banned

Yea i guess i will have to do the same, hoping they patch the 3-4 problem and solo and assisted tackles being added together, those are my 2 big wishes for the patch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

100 threads detailing the poor way the 3-4 is represented. Instead of the OLB's getting all the sacks, they're coming from the 3-4 DL which is extremely unrealistic.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

I've been using the Steelers (3-4 defense), and I've been getting a decent number of sacks. Of course, you have to get the right sliders, and I find it helps to manually blitz LB's, but I've been doing okay.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

Gave up on the 3-4 as the Cowboys, moved them to a 4-3.

I'm not going to pull my hair out at the ineffectiveness of the 3-4 anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »