Home

What Are Your House Rules?

This is a discussion on What Are Your House Rules? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #9
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: What Are Your House Rules?

I don't really have house rules. Using DB's sliders kind of force me to make plays rather then rely on the CPU to do everything on defense. This kind of in a way helps the CPU in my eyes, sometimes I switch to a CB or safety to make a play and I make the mistake and the AI capitalizes......

Since the flats and the defensive AI is sorta broken, I'm using the Ask-Madden to call my plays on both offense and defense.
Ask Madden can be sort of funny sometimes, I was playing the Falcons in a pre season game and I was down a TD at the start of the 4th quarter, mind you I play 15min with 20 acc. Clock, and with about 13mins in the quarter on 4th and 8, he wanted me to go for it instead of punting...little odd, so there are moments when I will make the call,instead of listening to ole JM.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:00 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Generally, I wish I could go on without using the sprint button but then it seems very unrealistic for a DE to chase down Westbrook, one-on-one, off the snap. On Madden NFL 2005-7 for PC, I could get away without using sprint. Can't do that nowadays.

I like to control the MLB only for all defensive plays, so that at least one of my guys gets realistic tackle numbers (especially with the tackles, assisted tackles bug this year). But I can't really limit myself to the MLB. Sometimes I try to create a "moment" and control the DE for a sack during a key point in the game.

Like many, I Ask Madden playcall and choose 1 of the 3 available unless, for instance I'm in goal-to-go and want to try a fade route. Then, I'll manually pick my play.

Franchise wise..

I normally let all but 3 of my guys go into Free Agency after the season. I generally keep that as a golden rule. Draft picks, as an entire class of 7+, I rarely sign everyone. I'll usually sign just the first three maybe four guys I drafted. Not a necessary rule but I don't see why I need to waste money + roster spots.

This isn't a rule but more of a quirk. If I'm undefeated through the first 5-7 games in franchise, I'll sim a game to test the waters of destiny. If I lose that game, it sticks. If I win, I re-load the save and play through the game.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 33

1: Have fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #12
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

I play co-op offline and the only rule we adhere to is no changing up on defense or offense.

To enhance the enjoyment/realism factor, we always select a wide range of plays and steer away from exploiting gimme plays.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #13
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

after the 1st season I will sign any free agent I want as long as it fits in my cap. I only play D-Line. Never reset the game. I hate when people don't save after a loss and replay later.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

No, Changing OLB to DE's.
No Offers on the 1st day of FA. and no 7 + year deals (Instant acceptence)
If 3 or more players in franchise, only play during playoffs.

If everyone makes the playoffs and someone has a bye week. we simulate the wildcard and if no one makes it, we reload.

if they both make it we advance and if only one person makes it we advance.

Only way we restart is if both people lose in the wildcard.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #15
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

In game, I'm trying to not use Turbo after I pick the ball off, although sometimes it's just a habit and I'll turbo anyway so I at least want to limit it to 1 pick-6 per game (since I only play 1 or 2 games in a season, this is pretty realistic I think).

I use Ask Madden almost all the time unless the AI is coming out with 3-4 WRs and Madden is suggesting 3-4 or something like that. I pick 1 of the 6 plays that madden suggests and I make sure I run and pass about the same amount.

In franchise, I get the thing so you can only scout 18 guys, and I just pick like 3 positions and scout them so I can only get like 1-3 gems. I've discovered that the scouting can be very misleading. The best looking offensive linemen I've seen, 90 pass block, 84 run block, ended up being a 63 overall with D potential, and a FS that I scouted that looked awesome with 80 catching, 44 overall with F potential, so scouting isn't a guarentee.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12

wow seems like alot of people use ask madden, ive never used it. i havent got any house rules, i snag up FA if i see someone i like this yrs crop doesnt look that good to me. and im not beyond trading to get better players.

and i pretty much use whatever player i feel like on defence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »