Home

My feedback: CPU QB takes more sacks instead of throwing dumb passes, I'm happy

This is a discussion on My feedback: CPU QB takes more sacks instead of throwing dumb passes, I'm happy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
Rookie

burne's Arena

OVR: 6
Unhappy My feedback: CPU QB takes more sacks instead of throwing dumb passes = I'm happy

I find that my biggest issue is something that could easily be fixed, but snowballs into all the other issues and kinda ruins the outcomes of games for me.

So I play on All-Pro because I want the most fair-tuned experience. When the pass rush nears the AI QB, if he would simply be tuned to be more likely to just take the sack, it would fix my games to be NEAR perfect...

Here's what happens: I get these games with amazing near-real life stats except for a couple of figures, oh AND the games are blowouts in my favor, along the lines of 45-7.

I pressure the AI QB, he throws the ball in a panic rather than taking a sack, so he either throws a duck or into coverage. These get picked off fairly often and because the offensive players' pursuit rating is nerfed to the point of them being ******** monkeys, these turn into pick-6's.

Then the CPU gets down big and stops running the ball. More passes, more pass rush, more interceptions.

So I wind up with 0 or 1 sacks, 3 interceptions for TDs, and the CPU doesn't run the ball enough.

The problem is that without those pick-6's, I find the stats are amazing, passing yardage, MY running yardage, run averages and pass averages are all in pretty realistic sweet spots. Take those 3 TD's off the board and its 24-7 instead of 45-7. The CPU keeps the ball longer, runs the ball, keeps good field position and maybe scores once or twice. So take away one or two of my scoring possessions and give them a FG or two and they're at 17-13 or so. Turn those picks into sacks and their QB has a realistic day, and I get realistic sack stats.

RAISE THE RATE AT WHICH CPU QB's TAKE THE SACK.

Last edited by burne; 08-21-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:02 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: My feedback: CPU QB takes more sacks instead of throwing dumb passes, I'm happy

Amen bro. Great observations... it all totally adds up.

#GoPackGo
Old 08-21-2009, 02:11 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: My feedback: CPU QB takes more sacks instead of throwing dumb passes, I'm happy

+1
EA,
Simply change the Qb's logic from "sack" to "interception" and we will all be good. If the qb tried as hard not to throw a pick as hard as they try and not get sacked we would have an amazing game (well close to anyways)
Old 08-21-2009, 02:20 AM   #4
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree with this. There's too many ducks, way more than there are in real life, and that goes for my QBs too.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Don't use the sprint button.

You know how defenders break off their blocks way too quickly if you sprint while you're in the backfield on offense, right? Maybe it's in my head, but I think the same principle applies on defense. Don't hold down sprint when you're going after the QB.

Also if the user controlled pick sixes bother you, don't hold sprint when you're returning one unless you think it's legit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 07:37 AM   #6
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

i havent had this problem as much as alot of people here apparently, after 10 or so games, im not even getting an INT a game...im averaging bout 3 sacks a game tho...and ive mainly used tennesee (4 games) buffalo (3 games) atlanta (2 games) and TB (1 game)

playing on myskill/slow speed/threshold at 75 if thats any help

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 08-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #7
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Can't say I'm having this problem either. I just finished my first year in Franchise, and here are the sack totals......

Haynesworth(11)
Orakpo(7)
A.Carter(8)
P.Daniels(5)
C.Griffin(5)
R.McIntosh(4)

That's (40) sacks in a year, and I still was in the middle of the pack at the end of the season in Sacks....I thought I did really good, but the Panthers had (62) total on the year at number one.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well this has been noted like a hundred times over by people since the game started coming out. I am sure once Ian comes back to work monday him and Phil will look into these problems and try to fix them. I know how ya'll fill. But it ain't just the AI QB not want to take a sack once on a while. But it is also a pressure issue with the human pass rush aswell. The only way the human D get any type of pressure is with the guy you control. But the other 10 guys the AI control on your team does not hardly get any pressure for you. Therefore you are the only giving any pressure when it comes to getting to the AI QB.The way both of these problems can besolvevery easy. Is 1 to tone down the AI wantting to throw the ball into coverage so much and take a little more sacking. 2 tweak the AI a little more to give a sense on getting more pressure for the Human controlled D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »