Home

COULD IT BE??? The realistic diffulty level for madden...

This is a discussion on COULD IT BE??? The realistic diffulty level for madden... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: COULD IT BE??? The realistic diffulty level for madden...

I've played 4 games with this. While I have not yet lost, (chicago twice, cincy and st louis), my games have been challenging, and pretty close for the most part. 27-24 over cincy for example.

However, I found that there was some major robo qb, and I couldn't get more than 1 ypc myself in any game. So i lowered all cpu rush defense sliders to 80 and the cpu pass accuracy slider to 85... and it's PERFECT. I am LOVING this.

#GoPackGo
Old 08-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
I've played 4 games with this. While I have not yet lost, (chicago twice, cincy and st louis), my games have been challenging, and pretty close for the most part. 27-24 over cincy for example.

However, I found that there was some major robo qb, and I couldn't get more than 1 ypc myself in any game. So i lowered all cpu rush defense sliders to 80 and the cpu pass accuracy slider to 85... and it's PERFECT. I am LOVING this.
I had some pretty similar results (Romo was like 23-27) and made almost the exact adjustments as you did and it did help. I am still seeing very low rushing yards for both me and cpu, so still trying to figure that out, but overall the games were much closer and alot less scoring. Prevously with some other sliders I was seeing every game ending like 52-45 or something in that range.

Last edited by adam914; 08-21-2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: more info and typo
Old 08-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

What Min. Speed threshold is everyone using with these??? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore
What Min. Speed threshold is everyone using with these??? Thanks

I left mine at 50.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #37
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthomas
WOW! Really? I mean I know its an expression but seeing this and his alias together in one post.... just don't seem right somehow.
Wow, I honestly didn't even notice that.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 8

Well I tried this out a little while ago and it felt like a glorified version of all-pro, meaning the same cheese rather than feeling as if certain plays are earned and the action goes by ratings.

To anyone who finds this the most realistic, you must watch a different NFL than I do because the already mediocre and unrealistic run blocking in the game got worse as almost every play I had 60% of my OL (that is 3 of the 5 guys for those math challenged) watching dudes go by and if I was lucky I gained 2 yards. This does not happen in real football, even with the Colts of last year and their horrid run game. Must be that my OL is weak you say? Hardly. I was using my custom Colts team that is rated 92 and has probably an avg run block rating of 92 or higher and I was playing the Texans who overall are rated 75 and their run d is not rated better than my run blocking. I finally just gave up trying to run and passed all day on them which was not too bad but there was definately a bit of cheese with magic DB knockdowns as well as magic CPU completed passes in the 1st half when my pro bowl caliber secondary sat and watched then some magic knockdowns by my guys as well in the 2nd half. I think I had a 735 completion and threw for an avg of 9.4 ypa and 415 or so yards.

I am running a set of tweaked Bill Harris sliders and can say without question they feel more real than doing this pro/100 thing. With my regular sliders plays seem to actually happen because of the players' ratings rather than cheese.

It may sound like I lost or had some incredibly horrific game but I didn't as I won 34-10 (their lone td coming on a bs completion late in the game) and outgained them I think a little over 440 yards to 192 and had I not had the cpu pass INT slider at 100 and been picked off 3 times with BS interceptions I would have easily had far more yards and points, probably busting the 50 pt mark and 550 yard mark.

The amusing thing is on my regular sliders which result in lower settings for the player and cpu (though still a bias towards the cpu, especially for CPU offense) I actually gave up more yards to them in a game I had played before this one and Schaub had a better passing game. I won that game 48-3. I realize that score probably makes it sound as though my reg sliders are not that good but the team I have is pretty dominant all around (not like the BS 93 rating of the Pats team...htf is that team rated so high based on the player ratings?) and if my Colts team played in the real nfl it'd be beating teams like the Texans with scores like that. When I played a game of two similar rated teams yesterday it was close throughout as was the game I played vs the Pats using my Colts team so these sliders seem to work for me.

So yeah, no way from my game trying it out is this realistic. It CAN offer up a decent challenge (assuming you were using teams closer in ratings) but the challenge will be based on cheese rather than on ratings/realism and it truly is a glorified version of all-pro since your numbers are 75 for all your categories vs 100 for the cpu...basically All-pro 1.5.

I suggest to all they give Harris' sliders a shot and tweak from there. I also played a half with my sliders using the Chiefs against the Pats and was being killed by halftime because it was what you would expect: KC's D couldn't shut down the pats passing attack and then when I was on offense I was picking apart their mediocre D through the air but like in real life the Pats would come up with a key turnover (think I had 4- 1 pick, 3 strips after receptions) and then they converted on each one. I think the score was 45-10 or 45-14 at half. Was brutal but aside from those turnovers it wasn't THAT bad in the sense I think the score would have been within 10.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #39
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm sorry, I tried this and it really doesn't do it for me. Robo QB comes through like a mug. It's competitve but in a way games are competitive. I like realism with the competition.

You guys should try my method of letting the controls go on the d and then manually controlling them.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 9

Ok, so i love these settings, except after playing this for a while, pro is too easy for me. I switched it to all-pro with all sliders to 100 (Except cpu pass accuracy to 85 and cpu rush defense to 80) and I've gotten weird results in my franchise with it.

game 1, my 5-0 packers lose 20-17 to the 1-5 browns as i throw 4 picks and get run and passed all over. i couldnt do anything on offense.

game 2, i beat a favre-less (broken collar bone... eff brett) vikings team 59-13. Grant had over 200 yds rushing on like 15 carries and rodgers threw for over 400 yds and 5 tds...

I'm gonna keep playing on these settings and see what happens. how bizarre.

btw: if favre really does get hurt, the viqueens are effed cuz "t-pick" and "Sage, rosemary and thyme" are just horrendous... in madden at least lol

#GoPackGo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »