Home

Problem solved! Look

This is a discussion on Problem solved! Look within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 11:20 PM   #25
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Problem solved! Look

I hated the way this game played on normal speed. The flats were never coverd the nanos online were rediculous. The kickoff returns etc. I was against slow speed but now that I've tasted it online just a min ago all I can say is wow the game plays 100 percent better!!!! Defense actually plays defense now. My nanos wont work as good but who cares I want a realistic type of gameplay and this feels like a new game to me. I've been playing on normal speed ever since I got the game a week early. I now see how you guys wanted this game to play. Like I said I apologize for all the hate I've spewed. Slow speed brings upon great animations and the game just feels so much more like football! Do not change it back to normal speed unless you can get the game to react defensively like it does on slow. Normal speed online was an nano glitch fest quick pass blindly to the flats etc.

BUT PLEASE!!! PLEASE!! Give us 7 min quarters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #26
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
Change speed threshold to 70-75....that helps the flats a lot.
One more thing, since I haven't had a chance yet to try this out: What is the thinking behind this? That the speed differential between LBs and RBs is reduced, enabling the flats to be covered better?

I see many of the slider guys recommend 60-75 speed threshold when playing on slow and lower speed threshold when playing normal or fast.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Back to the original point of the topic: Playing in slow vs. CPU doesn't fix the flat/screen problems. You'll still have a field day with players open in the flats and screens are money plays -- even in slow setting.
The CPU will pick apart any D.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #28
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

If they put game speed back to normal this gm will turn into a game where defenders zones are broken and flats will not be coverd. On slow though the defense cant dial up the heat as quick giving anyone a chance to win in this game so its a pick your poison. I played 4 games last night and most were tight battles vs good people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »