Home

Maybe best Football videogame ever! Here's why.

This is a discussion on Maybe best Football videogame ever! Here's why. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Maybe best Football videogame ever! Here's why.

First let me say there is still enough room for improvement. And as a disclaimer I (up until this cycle) have been a big time NCAA fan.

1. Ratings really do matter. I was thinking it was impossible ,but Route running tells the whole story. Speed isnt the end all be all of being a great player. No robo quarterbacks. Bad players are bad good players are good.

2. Physics sweet physics. Being that I was a huge NCAA guy I didnt know what physics were. NCAA is terrible in this area no momentum which so ever. Players feel so real to life in Madden 10 and of all the things that were added this is probably my favorite.

3. Teams and player play like their real life counterparts. The thing I hated most about NCAA was the random playcalling and players decisions. So much so I screamed for player tendencies for NCAA 10. Mobile QB's are completely useless in NCAA. The sad part is QB's(only the mobile one's) take off way more in Madden 10 than any year I have play NCAA(for the record I have not played the retail version of NCAA 10).

4. OL/DL INA is the best of any EA product this far IMO. Sure your o-line miss assignments from time to time. But overall(with some slider adjustments) this trumps anything they have done. This is where games or won and lost and it seems like Ian and Co. finally decided to pay it the attention it deserves. Still need some more tuning but I am impressed.

5. This is one thing that I pick up on that has really impressed me about the games AI at the QB's position. In past games it seem like the QB had a target in mind pre-snap and was going there reguardless. This year it seems like the Qb's actually scan the field before letting it go.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Maybe best Football videogame ever! Here's why.

i agree with some of the stuff you said here, and i do think it's the best madden ever, but they have some room to grow in terms of physics and ol/dl interaction. it's close, though, and the rest of the game is brilliant.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

4. OL/DL INA is the best of any EA product this far IMO. Sure your o-line miss assignments from time to time. But overall(with some slider adjustments) this trumps anything they have done. This is where games or won and lost and it seems like Ian and Co. finally decided to pay it the attention it deserves. Still need some more tuning but I am impressed.
wrong and why should we have to use sliders?

If you call the OL's sticking to pass rushers like glue great interaction thats sad
Old 08-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

1. No robo quarterbacks.

the game does play a pretty good game out of the box in all pro, but with no slider adjustments, guys like jamarcus russell are pinpoint with everything, with their only incompletions coming from my defenders knocking it down or the dead duck sack throw.

using Playmakers sliders with QB accuracy at 10 for both human and cpu seems perfect, QB's start to legitimately miss players.

my worst experience so far with robo QB was when trying to get that trophy against the Packers in lambeau in the snow. Aaron rodgers was transformed into cool Joe.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

So nice to see that someone else besides me LIKES this game. If you read the forums on here without playing it, you would come away thinking it is the worst game ever made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Agreed BUT lets not forget Phil Frazier
Old 08-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

My roommate and I have been having a blast with this game, and I bought NCAA and couldn't even finish a game most of the time without getting frustrated/bored.

I totally agree about the ratings, I actually look at route running and hands for WRS long before I look at speed... that is a difference maker in how I draft a guy! Same goes for RBs... it's actually more fun to have a bit slower guy that has major trucking etc. because he will just make defenders look silly as he leaves his footprint in their chest (Bo Jackson vs. Brian Bosworth comes to mind)

My favorite example of this was a game I played yesterday when Tebow was starting for the Jags for the first time. His AWR was around 58 so we just blitzed the heck out of him... by the fourth quarter he was throwing the ball all over, taking sacks and you could just tell that he was rattled... 8 sacks, 2 Ints and a 28 pt victory later my roommate and I just looked at each other and said "that's what a rookie QB facing a good defense should look like!"
Old 08-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Its the best next gen Madden, but its not the best football game. That title has to go to Madden 10 (PS2/Xbox), NFL 2k5, or APF 2k8

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »