Home

Holy frick I need help!

This is a discussion on Holy frick I need help! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4
Holy frick I need help!

Been playing the game constantly for awhile and I'm starting to get really frustrated. Now, granted, I play as the Saints so I'm already at a disadvantage, but how the frick do you run the ball?! Occasionally I'll bust off a 9 or 11 yarder, but if I can make it within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage, either side, I have to consider it a success. I follow my blockers (who usually ignore the first guy in front of them), I lay off turbo, I try aggressive blocking. Nothing. Even my OL stars Jammal Brown and Jahri Evans act like turnstiles at the line and let people right on through. Even my passing is suffering because Brees has pressure right from the get-go. Any advise would be much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Holy frick I need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJones
Even my OL stars Jammal Brown and Jahri Evans act like turnstiles at the line and let people right on through.
Exactly and on defense the CPU's o line is like the second coming of the hogs
Old 08-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

on slow mode you have to have the CPU run sliders way down because it takes you so much longer to get through the hole. I had middle range run sliders on slow and found the same thing. I kept the run sliders there and switched to fast mode and wow the run game was so much better. Still kept it to anywhere from 2-6 yard gains but then I'd have those few big runs a game when a play call was right on against a type of d or I broke a tackle or 2.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have the same issue, I guess I should adjust the sliders?
Old 08-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders
on slow mode you have to have the CPU run sliders way down because it takes you so much longer to get through the hole. I had middle range run sliders on slow and found the same thing. I kept the run sliders there and switched to fast mode and wow the run game was so much better. Still kept it to anywhere from 2-6 yard gains but then I'd have those few big runs a game when a play call was right on against a type of d or I broke a tackle or 2.
Might as well put it on Rookie mode...

sliders <
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 22

Put it on slow. Have the threshold at 40. Have the human run block sliders at 100, and have the cpu block shed at 30, and its reaction time at 85. You'll be able to run. Do the same thing vice-versa so that the cpu can run too.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 08-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 22

And be patient when searching for holes.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 08-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Rookie

KennyLSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Don't run with Reggie. I have success with PT, but I set it up with the pass. I run out of the Shotgun a good bit. The Saints are not a running team and you have to accept that. They are a quick pass type of team. My best advice is to come out throwing then run as a change of pace.

On a side note, in my franchise Bush got hurt in the second game and is out for 12 weeks. Now my offense runs better w/o him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »