Home

1st Week Madden Sales

This is a discussion on 1st Week Madden Sales within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #73
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 1st Week Madden Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
If you can't afford $60 a year then there's seriously something wrong with that picture.
I think I cannot get more sick about this view point. Madden, although it's the ****ing Holy Grail to some people here, is a luxury item. Perhaps people could buy the game, but then that's 60 dollars less to save in case something goes wrong, and in this economy, who knows what's going to happen with layoffs.

It's not a case of not affording. It's a case of tightening the belt (so-to-speak), and not buying excessive luxury items, when there are other games which are cheaper, or already owned but not finished.

I'm not even going to speak much about quality.

It's not about affording.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-29-2009, 03:46 AM   #74
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Gamestop does trade ins. I believe it was like 20% or 25%. You trade M09 for 25% and pay $45 for M10. Sports genre has the longest replay value then an RPG. If you play Halo or any other FPS; you'd have to make a decision what sports game you want. It's not hard to save $60 to put on the side for Madden. You guys make the game seem as though it's horrible. It's actually a pretty darn good game. Stop being stubborn and accept the game for what it is. There's potential for M11. I understand the frustration waiting for Madden to pick up the slack; but they're not to blame for this. NFL gave them an offer for exclusive and they took it. It was smart on EA's part and pretty stupid had they declined the offer.

Patience and in due time things will change for the better. People keep asking for new engine and better quality. That would mean taking one year off, are you willing to wait that long? Start a petition and see what EA thinks about it.

Edit: I'm a 2K fanboy and I still give M10 props for what they've done. Like I said, it's a pretty darn good game.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 21

Heres a litmus test on whether its the economy or the game is losing its base.

Madden is the biggest selling game per year aint it ?

Come Nov when modern warfare 2 drops, if it outsells madden in the first week, then its gonna be hard to say its purely the economy why the game is slumping in sells.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #76
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

It's not the economy. Go and look at the year by year sales of other major sporting franchises, and you will see that some are increasing their total sales year on year.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #77
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong

Come Nov when modern warfare 2 drops, if it outsells madden in the first week, then its gonna be hard to say its purely the economy why the game is slumping in sells.
ya cuz modern warfare 2 will be the best game ever and ya madden good but it still aint da best game ever, so really that test is unfair i mean we get madden every year and its the first time we get modern wardare 2
Old 08-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong

Apples to oranges, MW2 is already expected to be the best selling game in 09. Modern Warfare was still selling at a good clip early this year.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=24030

Janco Partners' Mike Hickey is estimating sales of 11.1 million units for Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 in 2009, with a $338 million first day, suggesting it will end up "the largest video game release" of the year.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
It's not the economy. Go and look at the year by year sales of other major sporting franchises, and you will see that some are increasing their total sales year on year.
Let's look at NHL, FIFA and NBA Live's sales after their release this year to make a fair comparison.

If their sales are higher, than it's not the recession.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 8

Perhaps the sales decine have something to do with the crappy online franchise. I know a lot of people were disappointed to find out after the big E3 annoucement that online franchise was a completey stripped down mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »