Home

1st Week Madden Sales

This is a discussion on 1st Week Madden Sales within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #33
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 1st Week Madden Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I was just looking at the sales numbers over at vgchartz and second week sales aren't any better than the first, in fact they may even be worse. Madden's sales numbers are down from last year on every single system (360, PS3, PS2, Wii and PSP).

Usually, Peter Moore has some press release trumpeting the first week and/or the first month's sales numbers. Guess that ain't going to be happening this year.

People can blame the economy all they want. But when sales decline 5 years in a row, I'd say it's definitely the engine.
Good post and thats the way I see it as well...Like I have said before this is the first time that I can remember that the people I know who play NCAA and Madden chose to not purchase the game and rent via gamefly etc....Most haven't purchased the game after rental because it simply isn't worth it to spend 60 on minimally upgrade games..that is where the economy kicks in..But on the whole people have gotten tired of the same ol game engines as well as the pronounced glitches and bugs that come with the games straight out the box..I will commend Ian regarding Madden as I personally think it's a good game but that's comparing it to the dreadful games in the past..It's going to take alot more presentation and immersion to get people to purchase Madden day one like in the past...It's definently not atributed to the game being more sim simply because you can adjust the game to your liking..I just think the series has gotten stale and consumers are making educated choices rather than blindly purchasing Madden or NCAA without seeing the reviews or renting...Madden is very close...NCAA uhhh not so much..LOL
Old 08-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #34
All Star

OVR: 33

Is the economy that bad in America that you can't afford $60 for a game. Are you guys living in the streets or something? (no offense)
Old 08-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #35
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

yes we are all now homeless.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #36
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Is the economy that bad in America that you can't afford $60 for a game. Are you guys living in the streets or something? (no offense)
Sometimes it's not about price, but what you are getting for it. When people scale back on expenses, 60$ on a recreational item seems like a logical step.

For some, it's not that they can't possibly find a way to afford it, it's just that it doesn't make much sense "given the economy". I was briefly hit by it (My wife and I BOTH lost our jobs at virtually the same time, basically due to economic based corporate cutbacks), but have fortunately bounced back quickly due to demand in our respective fields.

Some people aren't as fortunate.

Of course, one could contend that if someone is so worried about the economy in relation to such purchases, then why are they thinking of picking up the product in the first place (and spending so much time dissecting it, for that matter). I'm merely pointing out one logical line of reasoning is all.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 08-28-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #37
All Star

OVR: 33

Ah bl guys.

Things are sweet here. I think we're spending more than normal as a country :0
Old 08-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #38
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
To me the economy played a role.. However, not the role you guys are thinking.. For the longest time Madden was one of the only games that was a MUST HAVE every year.. I was really jonsing for Madden when Ian and crew were out talking their game up.. However, I will be getting my Ps3 today or tomorrow for sure if there are any slims left. With that said Madden won't be the game I buy with it... After reading alot of impressions lots of positives. There have been alot of negatives as well. But the negatives outweigh the positives for me. I believe this Madden is a improvment but not where I want the game to improve... They added Presentation which is great... However, The same tired annimations, Players sliding around, Players sliding to make a tackle, And just all the little annoyances.... There is hype every year and this year was no exception. But I find myself waiting on a couple of hockey games. There are alot of fans that took the Wait and see approach...If I had a console that's what I would've done. I may DL the demo or rent it but if I buy it eventually I will buy used...
Old 08-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Let's say you have to choose to spend $60 on:

A)Food for your family.

B)Gas for your vehicle to get around town for job interviews.

C)Pay utility bills so you don't get your electricity turned off......phone turned off........or whatever.

D)Or buy a video game.

I'm guessing D) isn't a priority in most households.

BTW, new home sales are also down. Does this mean new homes aren't being built very well?

How about new car sales being down as well? What does that mean?

Just wait til COD comes out, the "mecca" of video games, and watch the sales stumble out of the gate.

Economy,economy, economy. Recession, recession, recession.

That is all.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #40
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
BTW, new home sales are also down. Does this mean new homes aren't being built very well?

How about new car sales being down as well? What does that mean?

Just wait til COD comes out, the "mecca" of video games, and watch the sales stumble out of the gate.
I LOL in your general direction at all of these.

COD will destroy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »