Home

1st Week Madden Sales

This is a discussion on 1st Week Madden Sales within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: 1st Week Madden Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Here is my theory: EA will drop the exclusive NCAA license. They will focus on Madden after next year. They may still make an NCAA game, but not exclusive. It doesn't appear to be selling well at all.
I agree, that's a reasonable theory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
Are you trying to draw some conclusions from that graph other than the downturn in the economy ?

yawn....5yr chart on Take Two stock
Old 08-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Trust me, the end is near for all the exclusives that EA nabbed, back in the day. How many 2k fans have passed on buying an NFL title solely because they don't like EA's engine. That's money out of the nfl's pocket.
My guess would be not as many as there would be EA fans that would pass on a 2K5 exclusive offering.

There's a bunch that's going into it. I do disagree with the guy that used home and car sales though - those are big $ figure items that require financing that banks aren't approving its a different beast. I tend to think that whats happening is the casual gamers and parents of the 12 year old's that love the game have less free cash and some of the more dedicated sports fans are now making a decision between the show, NBA2K, and Madden instead of picking up Madden and a baseball game and a basketball game and FIFA so on and so forth.

But honestly, you also can't ignore the past track record 06-07-08-09 were all below par substandard offerings and with each passing year they lose their brand recognition. Its not going to take just one year of a strong, fun playable football game to revive it. They need to establish another pattern of excellence and I do think that 2010 is a start. The main problem is on last gen they kept on adding and improving year after year. On current gen, they add 8 things, take 1 out and break 2 more so the net gain always seems minimal. It's just unfortunate for EA that they put out their strongest offering yet, but the $60 they're asking people to spend this year is worth to the consumer than the $60 people were spending two years ago and their past failures are a factor in the decision to pass.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Is the economy that bad in America that you can't afford $60 for a game. Are you guys living in the streets or something? (no offense)
What an incredibly stupid and ignorant comment to make. You try working several part time jobs trying to pay rent, tuition, and living expenses and tell me $60 for a luxury item is no big deal. Maybe you'll learn the world isn't full of sunshine and fairies once you move out of your parents home.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
How many 2k fans have passed on buying an NFL title solely because they don't like EA's engine. That's money out of the nfl's pocket.
Not many, given APF's absolutely putrid sales numbers. Funny how 2K fanboys used to love saying that sales numbers don't equate to quality (because 2K always lagged behind EA in sales), and now here they are equating M10 sales numbers to quality. LOL. Like it or not, EA has had a couple of its most stellar years from a quality standpoint. NHL 09 is the best hockey game ever made (with NHL 10 soon to hold that title). Fight Night Round 4 is the best boxing game ever made. Skate totally knocked the wind out of Tony Hawk's game and is currently the best skateboarding game ever made. And the way I see it, M10 is the best football game ever made.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Not many, given APF's absolutely putrid sales numbers. Funny how 2K fanboys used to love saying that sales numbers don't equate to quality (because 2K always lagged behind EA in sales), and now here they are equating M10 sales numbers to quality. LOL. Like it or not, EA has had a couple of its most stellar years from a quality standpoint. NHL 09 is the best hockey game ever made (with NHL 10 soon to hold that title). Fight Night Round 4 is the best boxing game ever made. Skate totally knocked the wind out of Tony Hawk's game and is currently the best skateboarding game ever made. And the way I see it, M10 is the best football game ever made.
Both are opinions. Quality doesn't just have to do with extra cut scenes and highlight shows.

Quality also is judged on how well polished the game is. Madden NFL 10 is in a horrible, horrible state at the moment in terms of game play. If you deny that, then that's fine if you want to accept mediocrity.

Ask the majority of the users on here, they will agree that Madden NFL 10 is completely broken in it's current build, and was a letdown given the information we were fed in the months prior to it's release.

After I put a good solid three hours into the game, I was looking over my shoulder waiting for Ashton Kutcher and Ian to run out of my closet telling me I was punked with Ian holding the real version of Madden NFL 10 we were promised.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #71
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
Both are opinions. Quality doesn't just have to do with extra cut scenes and highlight shows.

Quality also is judged on how well polished the game is. Madden NFL 10 is in a horrible, horrible state at the moment in terms of game play. If you deny that, then that's fine if you want to accept mediocrity.

Ask the majority of the users on here, they will agree that Madden NFL 10 is completely broken in it's current build, and was a letdown given the information we were fed in the months prior to it's release.

After I put a good solid three hours into the game, I was looking over my shoulder waiting for Ashton Kutcher and Ian to run out of my closet telling me I was punked with Ian holding the real version of Madden NFL 10 we were promised.
Yours is also an opinion.

The slider section is buzzing with activity and helped me enjoy the game much better.

This is much better than 09 and better than mediocre in my opinion.

Sorry it doesn't work for you and others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #72
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Sales are declining because the quality of the game. I don't think the economy has anything to do with it. Madden is one of the most popular video games in all genres why wouldn't anyone buy it? I don't see the exclusive rights ending. EA will forever be linked with the NFL and they will be the only company producing NFL games. Someone said it best, "Football games on the console is officially dead". I still disagree with some of the people about M10. I think it's a solid game and has a lot of potential. EA is great at screwing things up. Expect M11 to be exactly like M10 with a few new features from DLC and lots more bugs. EA is the greediest company in the world.

If you can't afford $60 a year then there's seriously something wrong with that picture. Economy has nothing to do with it, it's EA's fault in quality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »