Home

I Love The Gem/Bust Feature EA Has Implimented This Year But It NEEDS Work And Visual

This is a discussion on I Love The Gem/Bust Feature EA Has Implimented This Year But It NEEDS Work And Visual within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
I Love The Gem/Bust Feature EA Has Implimented This Year But It NEEDS Work And Visual

Let me explain, but first off say this is an awesome idea EA and I love that your attempting it, I wanna see people drafted #2 and turn out horrible (Charles Rogers) or 7th round and be awesome (Marques Colston) but anyway

1. In your franchise you will be able to tell who is a Gem and who is a Bust on your own team, but when it comes to others, u have no idea, say year 4 comes around and the Dolphins have a 92 QB, that was drafted 2 years ago, you cant click on them to see if he was a 1st rounder or a 7th rounder so that kinda kills that.

2. I started a sim season with the Lions to imrpove them, 1st season went 3-13 and got #3 pick, took the highest prospect DE there was, turned out to be a 77 with C potential, figured to myself AHH i got myself a bust (kinda cool tho). Started his rookie year, got 15 sacks and won rookie of the year, year 2 no improvment in rating or potential, got 10 sacks, year 3 no improvment in rating or potential, go 12 sacks. Year 4 no improvment in rating or potential. I stopped there. So they have the idea right with Gems and Busts but when simming it doesnt seem to work out right cause those 1st 3 years seem like a Julius Peppers/Mario Williams start to a career.

So in conclusion i really love the new system and great job EA, but we need visuals on where players were drafted or even the Gem/Bust icons they used to use which were pointless but now would render a point. And also when simming it seems like the busts still play like gems
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: I Love The Gem/Bust Feature EA Has Implimented This Year But It NEEDS Work And Vi

this is a very special case of, "should progression be based on potential or performance"
Old 08-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
Banned

Re: I Love The Gem/Bust Feature EA Has Implimented This Year But It NEEDS Work And Vi

My thoughts on this have always been, if they dont play/start then potential, if they do play/start then preformance starts to kick in. But still i like the way EA is going but we need visual on who was drafted where and if someone is a bust then BUST them, not make them Peppers like lol
Old 08-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Banned

Bumping only cause I would like the EA devs to see this b4 it goes to page 25 lol
Old 08-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Wayyyy too many late-round gems. I love that they're there but they should be very, very rare. I can rattle off a bunch of names of late round gems but for every one, there's 30-40 guys I can't name who either got cut immediately or washed out inside a year.

The draft info being missing is weird to me -- I have no idea why they'd have removed it.

I really wish they'd go to updating ratings by week rather than by season in frachise mode. I think it'd also be nice if it was possible to have ratings take temporary hits -- for instance, guys coming off an injury taking a couple weeks to get back in form, or guys freshly traded learning a new system, or guys who change position, or rookies in their first few games. Cumulative season-long effects would be nice too -- 30+ year old RBs shouldn't get 400 carries, 38 year old QBs who take too many hits suffer, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Banned

I like those ideas very much, and yes there are prolly too many late round gems but ill never know who they are unless i draft them, dont know why draft info was taken out, my guess is the fact that since madden 06 it was flawed and they couldnt figure out how to fix it
Old 08-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I completely agree with both of your points. Really beats me why they didn't put in the draft info on players. I've posted a request for that 3 days ago in the EA feedback forum (even though I don't think they're ever going to put it in for M10).
Old 08-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Idk I use the NCAA Draft class The highest player That has come that draft is 88 and that was Taylor Mays, Brandon Spikes has very high Potential but he's an 82. The thing I dislike is when going back trying to see where some players were drafted you can't that the only downer with me. Last Night raiders had the number one overall pick and the pick a LT with an 80 overall I like the numbers they come in with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »