Home

Question about simmed stats

This is a discussion on Question about simmed stats within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Question about simmed stats

Yeah the stats make me realize I am playing a video game.Thats not good. I didn't buy madden to say oh well its just a video game. I didn't mind these things at first but as time went on and my taste for more realism grew, so did my anger with lack of features and innovation and unrealistic stats. The stats are much improved but still they aren't anywhere close to the real thing which is the problem.

I have wanted a realistic franchise mode since franchise mode first came out on madden. If you look at this years franchise and compare it to the first one. It looks like maybe 2 years have passed by in improving. And it has been around what 7 years atleast? Basically not much has changed at all. That's very disappointing.

The gameplay is much improved but I still am disappointed with this years edition. I was bragging to all my friends how sick this game was gonna be. Nobody believed me. Well I guess the pessismists were right this time. Does madden suck? No. Is it improved from last year? Yes. Is this what we were hoping for? Not at all.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah the only thing keepin' me from being satisfied with my franchise is the number of sacks. First week I seen 9 teams get 7-8 sacks in that individual game. Hopefully this issue is bringing brought up with the next patch or something.
Other than those stats, I haven't really checked out anything else.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:40 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13

Realize that there are 22 "players" with a couple dozen sets of statistics and random number generations on hundreds of plays for 256 games, and you'll see why it's a pain in the *** to get stats to look "right".

Just on sacks alone, there's the defensive player in question, plus every offensive tackle, guard, tight end, halfback, fullback and quarterback on every team he played that season's attributes to take into account....and that disregards default and situational playcalling tendencies on both teams for all those games, it disregards potential injuries to starters leading to weaker backups going in, it disregards attribute degredation due to fatigue, it disregards the contributions of other defensive players on the team (such as a LB with a really good DE in front of him picking up the tight end and letting him sprint outside to get around the blocks & get those sacks)...

And this is from a guy who had his franchise's NFL records page ruined by Haloti Ngata's 26 sack season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 04:47 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

"14. Statistical Perfection - Simulated statistics are more realistic than ever this year as they've undergone a complete overhaul."

This is coming from the Madden NFL 10 gamer guide. http://maddennfl.easports.com/news.a...Id=gamersguide

There are a lot of stuff there where you're like, huh? Also, you'll notice that a lot of the stuff they have overhauled is not so great like OL/DL interactions. The idea is there, but the execution is not.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:40 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

While they fixed the QB completion % I'm actually disappointed with QB sim stats.

It's very Madden 08 like in that there are few QBs with over 40 TDs, about 10 with 30+ TD and there is RARELY an occasion where the QB has more INTs than TD. I found that disappointing.

And also along with that. After a few seasons there is about 15 or so QBs rated 90 or higher thanks to progression, so you end up with about 15 QB with insane stats like 30+ TDs.

Unfortunately franchise mode still needs lot's of work. Mainly with progression and sim stats.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #14
stewaat

OVR:

I've simmed 2009 several times to start a franchise and the results have been pretty bad in certain areas.

Passing Yards & TDs = way too high. 40 TDs in a season in an incredible feat and Brady had 55 with 5300 yards. I think 3 people had 40+ and the yards were high. INTs are fine though.

Rush TDs = Too low. If these were upped by 3-4 per player I think they would be perfect. There just needs to be a higher run probability in the red zone.

CB Tackles = 11 in a season for a #1 corner? Ridiculous if you ask me.
MLB Tackles = 160+ is not rare in this game. James Laurinitis had 180 his rookie season.

That's about all I see. Not a game killer, but it takes away from a franchise.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 33

ok.

Sim each game individually, instead of simming an entire season at once.

I thinks the stats will be drastically different,

I've only seen 1 QB with more than 31 Passing Tds (Manning 38) in my 4 season of playing every game.

The SIM FULL SEASON game stats may be bugged.

And the last season i played, the leader in tackles had 148.

So go figure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
ok.

Sim each game individually, instead of simming an entire season at once.

I thinks the stats will be drastically different,

I've only seen 1 QB with more than 31 Passing Tds (Manning 38) in my 4 season of playing every game.

The SIM FULL SEASON game stats may be bugged.

And the last season i played, the leader in tackles had 148.

So go figure.
I simmed each week separately and had the same issues -- 40+ TD leader (Rivers I think?) and 9 or 10 guys with 30+ TDs. Over the course of two seasons, the single-game rushing record has been broken twice (298 for Marshawn Lynch and 330+ for Michael Turner). Also a few 6 and 7 passing TD games. Leader in rushing TDs was 9 one year. Great running backs were finishing seasons with 3 rushing TDs. That's so phenomenally far off the mark I can't imagine how it wasn't caught.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »