Home

15 Min Quarter w/ 25 Accel Clock...the most realistic time?

This is a discussion on 15 Min Quarter w/ 25 Accel Clock...the most realistic time? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
15 Min Quarter w/ 25 Accel Clock...the most realistic time?

I've been using this setting for quite a while now, but I'm still not sure if it yields the most realistic stats.

I typically get around 120 run+pass plays with this (from both teams combined.) Is that the right amount of plays?

My games seem really high scoring but I'm not sure if that's because there are an unusual amount of plays or I just suck at defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: 15 Min Quarter w/ 25 Accel Clock...the most realistic time?

Yeah, thats what I do.

My lowest score was 17-7. Ive had several that got to the 4th quarter low scoring and even single digits, and then the CPU offense suddenly turns into the greatest show on turf and rings up 21-35 points in the 4th.

I enjoy it. I have varying results. Ive had games that ended 41-38, and games that ended 17-7, 21-13, 24-20, etc...
Old 08-22-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I use these on All Pro with house rules and like them. I have used them in quick play, online, and in my revious franchises before the roster update.

In my new franchise I used 10 minutes with a 25 second runoff in the preseason and played every game. Interesting story in the preseason too, but anyways. I just finished my season opener on 15 minute quarters with a 25 second runoff and I won 34-27 over the Giants. I scored with 4 minutes left to take the lead, then the Giants drove for a few plays, then I stopped them on a 4th and 4.

The preseason story was that my 3rd string running back, Rock Cartwright had a 5+ yards per carry average. He was really good running the ball and I made him my 2nd stringer to split carries with Portis in the regular season. Portis gets around 75% though.

Also guys, not to hijack, but I signed Marvin Harrison, but put him on the trade block just now and heres my offers.

TB, STL, DET all will give me a 1st round pick straight up. CHI will give me a 3rd round pick. IND will give me Anthony Gonzalez and a 3rd round pick. The Vikings will give me Percy Havin and a 3rd round pick. Chicago will give me Charles Tillman. PIT will give up Deshea Townsend and MIN will give me Cedric Benson.

I am tempted to take Harvin and the 3rd round pick, but I feel like I am cheating the CPU by doing that. Try to stay on topic, but please give me some feedback too.

― Plato
Old 08-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 17

I started my first preseason game with 10 minute quarters and 25 second run off, after playing I am strongly considering taking it to 15 with 25 second run off.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #5
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I use these on All Pro with house rules and like them. I have used them in quick play, online, and in my revious franchises before the roster update.

In my new franchise I used 10 minutes with a 25 second runoff in the preseason and played every game. Interesting story in the preseason too, but anyways. I just finished my season opener on 15 minute quarters with a 25 second runoff and I won 34-27 over the Giants. I scored with 4 minutes left to take the lead, then the Giants drove for a few plays, then I stopped them on a 4th and 4.

The preseason story was that my 3rd string running back, Rock Cartwright had a 5+ yards per carry average. He was really good running the ball and I made him my 2nd stringer to split carries with Portis in the regular season. Portis gets around 75% though.

Also guys, not to hijack, but I signed Marvin Harrison, but put him on the trade block just now and heres my offers.

TB, STL, DET all will give me a 1st round pick straight up. CHI will give me a 3rd round pick. IND will give me Anthony Gonzalez and a 3rd round pick. The Vikings will give me Percy Havin and a 3rd round pick. Chicago will give me Charles Tillman. PIT will give up Deshea Townsend and MIN will give me Cedric Benson.

I am tempted to take Harvin and the 3rd round pick, but I feel like I am cheating the CPU by doing that. Try to stay on topic, but please give me some feedback too.
By trading Harrison at all, your cheating the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

And why is that?

― Plato
Old 08-22-2009, 01:42 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I originally did 15 with accel clock but the scores were way to high
Old 08-22-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Just wondering, how long on average does you guys' games last if you play with 10 and 15 minutes quarters?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »