Home

Anyone want Realistic Gameplay in Madden10???

This is a discussion on Anyone want Realistic Gameplay in Madden10??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Anyone want Realistic Gameplay in Madden10???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
The Player Min Speed Threshold is not a gimmick. It's a part of the game that we can now adjust for ourselves. I'm 99% sure that for every other Madden game out there the threshold was set at a particular number and it was something that the consumer never got the chance to alter to their own liking.

If that sounds eerily similar to the various game speeds that we now have at our disposal...that's because it is. Now unless you can, in good faith, say that changing the speed of the game to your liking is "another gimmick by you know who" you shouldn't just look at something that's new to the game and call it a gimmick.
Yes, I would say changing the game speed to a desired pace is absolutely gimmicky, and has nothing to do with simulation game development.

sim·u·la·tion********>play_w2("S0420900")

(smy-lshn)

n. 1. The act or process of simulating.
2. An imitation; a sham.
3. Assumption of a false appearance.
4. a. Imitation or representation, as of a potential situation or in experimental testing.
b. Representation of the operation or features of one process or system through the use of another: computer simulation of an in-flight emergency.

Noun1.simulation - the act of imitating the behavior of some situation or some process by means of something suitably analogous (especially for the purpose of study or personnel training)

2. simulation - (computer science) the technique of representing the real world by a computer program; "a simulation should imitate the internal processes and not merely the results of the thing being simulated"

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #26
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

Just wanted to say that I played my first Franchise game last night against the Panthers I am playing with the Eagles. First this was without a doubt the best football game I have ever played on Next gen... I left the game on default settings and I had a blast ended up winning 24-10. Now most of u on here are big time Madden ballers myself I am not very good but love to play it. I am by far better at NCAA but I have reason to believe because it is so easy. With that said I am loving this game hands down I am officially addicted...
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Old 08-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottcarbone
Just wanted to say that I played my first Franchise game last night against the Panthers I am playing with the Eagles. First this was without a doubt the best football game I have ever played on Next gen... I left the game on default settings and I had a blast ended up winning 24-10. Now most of u on here are big time Madden ballers myself I am not very good but love to play it. I am by far better at NCAA but I have reason to believe because it is so easy. With that said I am loving this game hands down I am officially addicted...
You played on default what?
Old 08-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #28
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Vid is WAY too long - could someone capsulize what settings he's recommending? Alll I got out of it is he's recommending 0 threshold and pointing out problems if you set all CPU sliders to 0.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Wow. Testing for myself now, and Jostling ONLY happens on Rookie! Soooo, EA is saying that jostling doesn't happen in real football? When Ian told us about it, and showed vids, he NEVER said we'd have to play on Rookie to see it. Wow. EA is some tricksters, man.
Can someone explain the difference between Rookie and setting custom player skill to 0 (sub sliders all maxed out to 100)? There isnt a difference... correct?
Old 08-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Wow. Testing for myself now, and Jostling ONLY happens on Rookie! Soooo, EA is saying that jostling doesn't happen in real football? When Ian told us about it, and showed vids, he NEVER said we'd have to play on Rookie to see it. Wow. EA is some tricksters, man.

You've gotta be kidding. To get a real NFL-playing game, we have to play on Rookie!? Wow.......just wow.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #31
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Another thing to FIX!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #32
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

I play with custom sliders and I see the players fighting all the time while running down field or when getting jammed. Many times I even think the refs should be calling illegal contact and don't. One thing I have found while adjusting sliders though is there is a big relationship between the reaction time sliders and the speed threshold setting.

I don’t have a video camera so I can't make a fancy movie like these guys but I will explain. Let’s say you set the CPU pass defense reaction time to 100. Also on top of that you set the speed threshold to say 75 on slow setting game speed.

You run some plays against a team with some slow CBs and secondary like you will see that they will have ESP and know the routes and cuts the WR are going to make before they do. Also if for some reason you get some separation and throw the pass you will see that the CPU will compensate for that gap based on the reaction slider. You will see the defender almost warp up to catch up to the WR and cover him or pick you off. Setting the reaction slider to 100 but leaving the speed threshold at 0 will still have the same effect but to a much lesser degree. The slow CB will try and make up the gap but based on his speed and the 0 threshold he won't make it up as well as he had when it was 75.

Believe me if you want to have a super hard time passing the ball put them both a 100 and you will have flypaper coverage, Anthony Henry with a 78 speed will stick to a guy like Andre Johnson like they are both the Flash.

That is why I believe having the reaction time high and the threshold low will probably give the closest "simulation" you can get with this game. The CB will see the play and try and react and may even do a good job if the ball is underthrown or the WR has to correct to catch it and gives the slower CB time to react or it will play out like in real football where if the pass is on target and leading the receiver so he can catch and run a guy like Andre Johnson will catch it and then smoke Anthony Henry with his speed because the threshold setting won't magically make Henry a lot less slower than Johnson.

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-22-2009 at 01:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »