Home

Anyone want Realistic Gameplay in Madden10???

This is a discussion on Anyone want Realistic Gameplay in Madden10??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Anyone want Realistic Gameplay in Madden10???

As sad as this may be, but I'm not too proud to drop the rating to Rookie if it's going to give me a decent game, considering I paid 60 bucks for it. These guys are right, playing on Rookie or Pro is going to give you the best simulation. I've actually seen the computer go deep, my blockers pick up all the players on the blitz, and no computer is super jumping my passes all the time. You might win some games 35-0, but who doesn't? Putting the speed threshold on 0 really makes a difference. It is realistic for your great players to be great and the good ones to just be good. Granted, this game needs to be patched, and it's sad we had to resort to playing on Rookie or Pro to get the best simulation you can get, but I've still been playing this Madden for a longer time than I've played any Madden in the last 4 years. Like Truthchaser said, it's kinda sad we had to resort to the lower level to get the best game play, but this coming from a 2k guy who loves football and hated NCAA the last 2 years, this has to hold me over until NBA 2K10. Some of us are getting so gung-ho about blowing the computer out, but if you're getting better simulation, does it matter?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #34
MVP

jr86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
As sad as this may be, but I'm not too proud to drop the rating to Rookie if it's going to give me a decent game, considering I paid 60 bucks for it. These guys are right, playing on Rookie or Pro is going to give you the best simulation. I've actually seen the computer go deep, my blockers pick up all the players on the blitz, and no computer is super jumping my passes all the time. You might win some games 35-0, but who doesn't? Putting the speed threshold on 0 really makes a difference. It is realistic for your great players to be great and the good ones to just be good. Granted, this game needs to be patched, and it's sad we had to resort to playing on Rookie or Pro to get the best simulation you can get, but I've still been playing this Madden for a longer time than I've played any Madden in the last 4 years. Like Truthchaser said, it's kinda sad we had to resort to the lower level to get the best game play, but this coming from a 2k guy who loves football and hated NCAA the last 2 years, this has to hold me over until NBA 2K10. Some of us are getting so gung-ho about blowing the computer out, but if you're getting better simulation, does it matter?
I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous, you are telling me that you would rather have correct stats and a more 'sim' game than actually getting a challenge from the comp?
How can you even entertain playing a game when you know what the outcome is going to be
Old 08-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want simulation stat just like the rest of you but not at the cost of going 16-0 with the lions and I don't think Versus is getting that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #36
Banned

CPU is maxed out, so you will not go 16 and 0.. Trust me! Try it put before commenting on it please!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #37
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

jostling doesnt only happen on rookie... there is so much mis-information in this thread it is really painful to even read (all of versus threshold talk is incredibly inaccurate, and his proof is is biased video with a replay he specifically picked and then argued his case because of a bad animation? because that doesnt happen on 0 thershold lol)

jostling does happen on rookie more than other settings because of the way the ratings interact with one another... if you understand the sliders though, that jostling can be created without dumbing down the rest of the game

if any of you guys are legitimately interested in understanding the game and how the sliders work, you should read some of my thread... Breaking Down Sliders - How They Really Work
Old 08-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #38
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Wow. Testing for myself now, and Jostling ONLY happens on Rookie! Soooo, EA is saying that jostling doesn't happen in real football? When Ian told us about it, and showed vids, he NEVER said we'd have to play on Rookie to see it. Wow. EA is some tricksters, man.
I've seen jostling on all-pro. The only difference is that the cpu jostles but it seems like my dbs don't. You're all entitled to your own opinions, but jostling past five yards is illegal in the NFL anyway (illegal contact) and this isn't a game killer to me at all. The only thing that needs to be tweaked IMO is the pass rush and the CPU logic when pressured, but I'm having a ball even with the issues. Before I get labeled a "fan boy," realize that I didn't buy NCAA 10 or Madden 09. To me, this whole jostling issue is nitpicking. Just because EA strives (and fails often) at simulation sports doesn't mean there won't always be something to find wrong with a video game. All madden is a joke, but other than that I think Madden plays a good game of football, especially given the past next gen efforts. I think some people here will find a reason to hate no matter what, and it is evident as it's the same people complaining every year.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #39
Banned

I was able to do all the stuff on all-pro etc, but the real feel of the game is gone.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #40
Banned

Point is turn the game to pro with CPU maxed at at 100 and you get a more real game.. Speed thr must be at 0 also

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »