Home

Speed Threshold Talk!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Speed Threshold Talk!!!!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #49
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Speed Threshold Talk!!!!!!!!

I forget what button it is but you can make a player go into man coverage on D I use this when I play to double slot guys all the time.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
You say this like Gatlin is close to Usain Bolt. Bolt doesn't even run the whole way, he starts jogging at the end of his runs and still breaks the world record. He's an absolute freak. Justin Gatlin was the normal great track and field guy. Bolt is a completely different breed. He doesn't even look the same when he runs, and he destroys the competition as a result.

I don't see how this can even be argued when they timed the guy's first 40 yards and it came out to 3.82 seconds. They didn't take his time and divide to find what it would be for 40 yards, they actually measured it.
The argument is that it was not measured, and it was not. If you have a link or other proof that it was measured, then please share it.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #51
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
The set up should be:

very slow- 0
slow- 25
normal- 50
fast- 75
very fast- 100
I thought it was the opposite:

very slow- 100
slow- 75
normal- 50
fast- 25
very fast- 0

I play slow with 70, seems to be working fine.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Agreed my friend. Top receivers make a lot of plays in this game because they can catch almost anything thrown their way. However, I've played with the Steelers online for about 4 years now, and every year its the same thing. Hines Ward a great receiver, but hes not necessarily a speed freak. Therefore, unless he beats the zone, hes usually swallowed up in Madden. But when you see a guy like Percy Harvin (MIN) line up in the slot, its like a users dream when you see the defense is in man. Linebacker steps up on his, Harvin runs a drag route, and near the far hash he has a 5-6 step advantage. He catches pass and turns up field and isnt hit for another 10 yards.

In real life if you saw this happen, the linebacker would start to jump routes. The guy may even be doubled teamed. However, I have found no way in defensive audibles to add a double team, because this would a great addition to the game. Instead of running around like a moron and spying certain players, just set up a double team and let the computer try to do something.

Until that point, Madden players will continue to abuse the mediocre but quick slot receiver.
OK here is the thing though if my opponent comes out with Harvin in the slot and I am using the Raiders If I am playing M2M and Thomas Howard is on him even though Howard is probably one of the top 10 fastest Lb in the League he should no way stay with Harvin M2M. If I am playing Zone I usually always Highlight the Slot Rec and that takes away the crossing route crap. If you have not tried this you should it works really well.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 10

One thing also is thats why very rarely teams play M2M. The Raiders are the only team in the league were there base D is still line up and play the man in front of you. That is why they put so much emphases on speed. Most teams play zone and try to out scheme you. Its very simple if you play M2M and the DB is lined up head up to the Rec and the DB speed is 88 and the rec is 92 there is no way the DB should be able to stay with the Rec unless he gets a bump on him. I think the threshold down between the ranges of 0-20 represents this the best. Thats the whole reason the Cover 2 was invented keep everything in front of you and swarm to the ball to make plays.

Now granted the zone coverage needs work but I truly believe you have to use strategy more than ever in this years madden and that is what we all wanted..... isn't it
Old 08-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 21

here's my take on 40s. they are great to use to measure if a guy falls in one of these categories.

REALLY slow---slow---below avg.---avg.---above avg.---fast---HOLY SH*T!!!

you can tell if a guy falls in one of these categories using a 40, b/c you won't run a fast 40 unless you fast. BUT, you can't soley use a 40 to say a guy is faster than another. EX: someone who runs a 4.3 and someone who runs a 4.4. the 4.4 guy could be faster in pads, and just suck at gettting a good 40 jump. the 40 technique is what seperates a 4.5 and a 4.3 or 4.4. all im saying is that if EA is basing speed soley off of 40s like the OP said(i think), than that is wrong. you need to say, ok this guy runs a 4.4 and this guy runs a 4.35. lets look at some tape. and not just that, a 40 is mainly acceleration, not speed. top end speed doesn't= great speed. so if i were to make a created player with 99 speed, and 0 acceleration, he should be useless. but ppl would see 99 speed and not look at acceleration. my point is i'd rather have a guy with 98 acceleration and 93 speed, then 95 speed and 90 acceleration. the point is people look at speed so much and i think the key is a combination of speed and acceleration. then if you are looking at a RB, CB, or WR.....agility helps
******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">
Old 08-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #55
Rookie

South318's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I thought it was the opposite:

very slow- 100
slow- 75
normal- 50
fast- 25
very fast- 0

I play slow with 70, seems to be working fine.
That's what I was thinking. I play Fast - 0 and there is separation but you have to set the play(s) up for it. Rarely I get a receiver open that beats a DB. It seems to work well when there is open space and the speed difference really kicks in if necessary. Playing on slow or very slow isn't realistic to me. It just seems realistic to most because they're watching it on TV.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 5

i didnt read the whole thread but the first and last page, but the most acurate settings is fast and threshold at 75. on this setting hester will run 4.6 40, i consider that to be about right with running on grass with pads on. with the threshold at 75 the slowest guy runs just over a 6.0 40.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »