Home

Pro-Tak Tackles/Prevent Defense??

This is a discussion on Pro-Tak Tackles/Prevent Defense?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Pro-Tak Tackles/Prevent Defense??

Any news as to if this Pro-Tak can be patched??

There is way to high a frequency in one season where I have seen a player, whether on my team or the CPU, has broken through five guys.

I'm pretty sure in 20 years of watching football I have never seen this, I mean a strong back may carry these guys for an extra 3-5 yards, but not just run through them.

And any time this happens, its automatically a touchdown.

Also, can the prevent defense be patched? When you run a prevent, its to stay back in coverage. You put a lot of speed on the field to prevent a touchdown.

However, too many times when the computer runs with a few seconds left and myself in the prevent, the weakside defenders in the prevent come sprinting in at horrible angles to the play.

Combine that with the fact a powerback easily can break these "protak" tackles and I have given up two 60+ yard touchdowns against 4 receiver sets in the final few seconds of a half because everyone sprints in and leaves no one to protect the endzone in case a back does break through the line.

Other than these issues and the occasional minor flaw I love the game. Unless it is only me finding these things messed up in which I assume they will never be fixed lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »