Home

Play it real !! U do get SIM

This is a discussion on Play it real !! U do get SIM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Play it real !! U do get SIM

Boy !! it sure stinks seeing all these complaints day in and day out about Madden 10 which is easily the best Madden ever...It is only a video game and you can only get that realistic feeling to a certain point

No Game !! will ever be perfect and no game will ever make everybody happy...You Play this game like a real game of NFL football you can easily get simulation and what a lot of people need to understand is that when EA appeals to both the Arcade crowd + SIM crowd it usually equals much more $ sales $

I still say the abilty to use the rush to the line option and especially being able to use the quick hike option over and over again without worrying it's going to hurt your team in any way, is what is still making this game lean more towards arcade....Most high ranked online players would have NO GAME !! at all if they were not able to do this over and over again....Heck !! even the computer AI uses the damn quick hike which is not simulation at all : (

Defenses in the NFL have the time to match-up and make some type of needed adjustments needed before the ball is hiked most of the time, however if you are playing a quick hiking nut in this game....it's just about impossible to get everything in on time

However !! You Play this game like a real game of NFL football with a friend who does the same....... you can easily get a good NFL simulation game out of Madden 10

Overall !! it's an improvement over last year and at least we have that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Play it real !! U do get SIM

umm this game was created for sim style only. If people want to play arcade stuff, they should look into blitz or something. But EA better not try to make Madden arcade style because that will be the end of it.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
Rookie

again !! it's all about how you and your opponent play the game

My buddy and I only use that hurry up style of play when it's necessary in the 2 min drill

other than that we don't quick hike and we read the defense, audible, fake audible, fake hike, hot route, fake hot route .....ect. ect .....like they do it a real NFL game

I think EA really wants appeal to the sim crowd more than the arcade crowd, but from a business stand point WHY !! not appeal to both if you can
Old 08-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
again !! it's all about how you and your opponent play the game

My buddy and I only use that hurry up style of play when it's necessary in the 2 min drill

other than that we don't quick hike and we read the defense, audible, fake audible, fake hike, hot route, fake hot route .....ect. ect .....like they do it a real NFL game

I think EA really wants appeal to the sim crowd more than the arcade crowd, but from a business stand point WHY !! not appeal to both if you can
because people who play Madden played madden all because of the simulation style football. You add arcade style in it, guaranteed sales going to slip faster than you can saw WHAP!
Old 08-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
Boy !! it sure stinks seeing all these complaints day in and day out about Madden 10 which is easily the best Madden ever...It is only a video game and you can only get that realistic feeling to a certain point

No Game !! will ever be perfect and no game will ever make everybody happy...You Play this game like a real game of NFL football you can easily get simulation and what a lot of people need to understand is that when EA appeals to both the Arcade crowd + SIM crowd it usually equals much more $ sales $

I still say the abilty to use the rush to the line option and especially being able to use the quick hike option over and over again without worrying it's going to hurt your team in any way, is what is still making this game lean more towards arcade....Most high ranked online players would have NO GAME !! at all if they were not able to do this over and over again....Heck !! even the computer AI uses the damn quick hike which is not simulation at all : (

Defenses in the NFL have the time to match-up and make some type of needed adjustments needed before the ball is hiked most of the time, however if you are playing a quick hiking nut in this game....it's just about impossible to get everything in on time

However !! You Play this game like a real game of NFL football with a friend who does the same....... you can easily get a good NFL simulation game out of Madden 10

Overall !! it's an improvement over last year and at least we have that
It sounds like you do a a lot of pre snap audibles to your D. Most people would consider that un-sim tbh. I know it sucks when people try and see if your in man or zone, if your blitzing or not. When I play that type a player I do a audible to something else on defense as he does his hot routes. Try it out, it works. I like to hot route alot on defense also and I call alot of different defenses on D (depends on opponent).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Well that's the chest match part I love about this game and I do like changing things up on defense as well, but again you have to kiss it all good bye when you have them opponents that play with that hurry-up / quick hike style all game long and it basically turns into more of an arcade style game : (
Old 08-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

um !! okay !!

thanks !! a lot !! for !! your !! post !!
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 08-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
um !! okay !!

thanks !! a lot !! for !! your !! post !!
This is what stinks about allowing little kids on here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »