Home

Franchise Resurrection

This is a discussion on Franchise Resurrection within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 05:36 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Franchise Resurrection

Seahawks, got 98 million in cap penalties after the first year getting rid of all the overpaid scrubs. Somehow managed to field a team, and its paying off this year.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #18
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

I started a 4-Team Franchise.

PHI/OAK/CHI/HOU

I use to run these types of franchises...take the Lions/Rams/Browns and rebuild them. However, it just gets old doing those franchises.

Philly is my fav. team so I'll always have interest there. McNabb has but so long left, and Westbrook's heir apparent is already rostered. It will be fun to find a new franchise QB, and get this team its first Superbowl victory.

Chicago was a team I thought would be fun to use once they traded for Cutler. He'll need weapons, but also the D, w/ an aging Urlacher, will need an overhaul soon. Still plenty of work to be done here

Oakland has one of the most electrifying RBs and a solid defense. The offense just needs to improve and this team could compete in a weak AFC West.

Houston...another up an coming team. Love using Andre Johnson in the passing game, and Mario Williams on defense. Still an uphil battle to get better, and work toward the postseason...but at least it's fun rather than frustrating.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

I tend to do the same thing every year - I pick a team, relocate them tear it down and then try to build it back up. I've hit some snags though this year - there are no alternate uniforms for your franchise if you're relocating. After you relocate, when you edit a player the uniform is white instead of the uniform you created, if you select a secondary color for gloves etc it turns out white, and no matter what logo you want you're stadium is filled with sharks. Ugh. I was hoping that they'd add to the options not break / remove from what was already there.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Im doing a rams franchisd aswell...but i dont call it my rebuilding franchise...i call it my favorite team franchise...haha
Old 08-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #21
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Im doing a rams franchisd aswell...but i dont call it my rebuilding franchise...i call it my favorite team franchise...haha
sorry bro lol

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #22
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
I just keep telling myself from every super bowl appearance you gotta have a top 2 draft pick soon after...2 appearances= 2 #2 draft picks
Old 08-24-2009, 01:41 AM   #23
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Thats a good explanation.

Sadly, my boys in Tampa have like nooooo excuse. I used to blame Gruden and Allen, but even after firing Gruden, I'd venture out there to say this may be the worst team Tampa has put on the field since the Culverhouse days.

1 superbowl win and appearance = 1 decade of douchebaggery? lol

maybe my angle is with the wrong team in Madden and I should take over Tampa? (sadly I think I took the Rams cuz even i didnt wanna get my hands dirty with Tampa)

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »