Home

EA owes me a controller

This is a discussion on EA owes me a controller within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5
EA owes me a controller

I just played a great game of back and forth as the Browns against the Bears. I finally caught up and threw a TD with 3 seconds left in the game to tie the game and go to OT......or so I thought! I go to kick the extra point...holding...try number 2...holding...try number 3...holding...Try number 4...short and wide left. lost the game by one point and my controller ate the floor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: EA owes me a controller

I might be in the minority here, but..
1. After the first 2 holdings, it didn't occur to you that maybe you should turn the holding slider down for your kick?
2. I don't think EA owes you a controller just because you don't have enough control to keep it in your hands.

I understand that the holding might be frustrating, but you really shouldn't be complaining when it kept allowing you to kick it again.

If it were one of the situations where you tried to kick a FIELD GOAL and the time ran out so you didn't get to retry it, then I would understand a little more, but to take it so seriously that you felt the need to throw your controller is a bit embarassing. I take the game pretty seriously, I was shaking after I made a game-winning 57 yard field goal with 13 MPH winds blowing in my face to win the Super Bowl, but I would never go so far as to throw my controller.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

I've also heard about the holding during last 10 seconds of regulation issue... Obviously in real life if your called for holding on last 10 seconds of regulation there is a 10 second run off and you dont get to re-kick.

However, this is a video game. Is the outcome of a game really supposed to be determined on a bogus holding call? Its partly why I feel only users should be able to create penalties in video games. If I hit stick you before the pass gets there, it should be pass interference. Or if I jump offsides trying to time out the snap, I should be whistled. Just sucks when you in position to make big play and the computer ruins momentum with bogus penalty.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #4

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

They do not owe you a controller. The holding bug can be discussed in the Bugs/Glitches thread.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »